“Great set meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great set meal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I expected this restaurant to be expensive, but when passing I checked out the menu and the lunch set menu was very reasonable. We decided to check it out and I was so glad we did. The pâté was delicious and I had the best steak in ages! Will be visiting again

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank FaceandPhilo

“A lovely evening”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I too can't understand the bad reviews for this place.

We had a lovely evening in there tonight. The staff were genuine, friendly and attentive. I couldn't fault the food and it had a comfortable feel to it.

A lot of the restaurants in Reigate are the same so it was nice to find somewhere a bit different.

I think I have found my new place to eat.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Milliemcmoo
“High Price, Low Quality”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

After hearing a number of mixed reviews about this restaurant. I felt the only real way to find out what it was like would be to try it myself

Firstly the bread course, which isn't offered in restaurants as much as it used to be, the waitress came round and offered a chioice between sour dough or wholemeal, by the time the bread board reached myself there was no wholemeal left and i was told by the waitress that sour dough was my only option. the starter was actually quite good, i had the warm duck salad which was nicely put together and well dressed,

When it came to the main course there was a massive drop in quality a couple of my party had the steak which is rather pricey at £22.95 for a sirloin and it tasted like an extremley low quality cut of meat more like a braising steak, extremley disappointing, i had the ribs and beef cheek. Which again tasted like a very low quality meat and not worth the price they were charging. The desserts were very average if slightly over priced and they where missing key ingredients such as ginger ice cream so we had to substitute for Vanilla

The waitress although attentive was condescending and if you asked to change anything on the menu or substitute something on a dish then she questioned your reasons behind it and made you feel slightly uncomfortable for doing so. The manager was also around however he completely ignored our table in favour of a table who where spending money on cocktails, when our bill totalled over £160, a simple "How was your meal?" would have been polite. On leaving he chose to stand talking to the kitchen staff rather then saying goodbye. Which leaves a bad taste after a meal.

I will certainly not be heading back, Reigate has a large number of restaurants and this just doesn't match up to the good ones, extremley disappointing recommend you look elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Spas88
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Why the negativity?”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have sadly avoided this restaurant previously because of the bad reviews; what a shame for me, and a lesson learned. It is a really lovely restaurant with the best starter (asparagus, salmon and egg) I have had for years... friendly staff, great menu, and what a relief to go somewhere in reigate that isn't pizza, chinese or curry... really recommend... GO!!!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank MarnieW38
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to go to the Bell Street Bistro despite reading some bad reviews and being warned off my friends and we were so glad we did. The service was impeccable with a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Food was plentiful and extremely tasty, so much so that following my starter, I had trouble polishing off my main. It was however, too good to leave behind.

The facilities are excellent although for those people who are not used to continental loos, do not be surprised to meet a member of the opposite sex in the bathroom.

Definitely a place we will return to and we may just have found our favourite dining place in Reigate!

• Visited March 2013