“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Dining - CLOSED

Thai Dining
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Lovely meal. Tasty weeping tiger, sweet and sour chicken and Thai prawns. Good size portions. One veg, 2 rice and a pad Thai were plenty with a main course each for four of us. Please put a cider on your drinks menu! Take a jumper as its quite chilly - not so chilly when you have the pineapple with chilli!

London
“A good effort but a bit insipid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am always on the lookout for a good Thai restaurant since our own great Dorking 'Aroyded' closed many years ago to be replaced but the very unsatisfactory 'Sang Thai'.

I had dinner at Thai Dining this evening with a friend who had been before and said it was very good and I had also heard very positive things about it from a couple I sat next to a lunch recently.

Thai Dining is located down an alleyway off Reigate high street - reasonably easy to find as long as you know that it is next to Boots.

Staff are friendly and welcoming and the tables are set far enough apart that you are not forced to listen to the tiresome details of your fellow diners' lives. The interior is stylish and modern and there were plenty of diners - in fact it was very nearly full by the time we left.

The menu is concise and unlike many asian restaurants does not require hours to read through all the options. Standard Thai starters with a few unusual ones thrown in and in the main courses a 'from the wok' section along with a group of signature dishes.

We ordered starters of chicken satay and tempura king prawn with sweet chilli jam. The prawns were lovely and the chilli jam as expected. The satay was nicely cooked but the sauce and the season and spicing of the chicken was woefully lacking.

We followed up with a beef with ginger and spring onion from the wok section, a duck in red Thai sauce with coconut milk pineapple, aubergine, lychee and thai basil and a chicken pad thai.

The duck was by far the best dish with a wonderful rich flavour to the sauce but again it lacked that 'punch' that I expect from this dish. Similarly the beef was okay but lacked a depth of flavour with only a hint of the ginger coming through. The pad thai was fine without being outstanding.

This is a competent restaurant for English diners who don't want too much chilli, garlic, ginger or any other strong flavour in their Thai food - the sort of place that people who don't really like spicy food will love. I think they will do well in this part of leafy Surrey.

We had a bottle of Rose and some good plain tap water and the overall bill came to 54 pounds without service.

• Visited March 2013
Surrey
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Another lovely night at Thai Dining. Tasty food served in a vibrant dining room. Friendly staff, hot currys and a good wine list. We even had desserts!

London, United Kingdom
“Great service, tasty food, worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just moved to the area - coming from London where we were spoilt for choice, it was nice to see the variety on offer in Reigate.

We were keen to try this restaurant as Thai food is one of our favourites - and we were not disappointed. A welcome atmosphere, good menu selection - we shared the vegetable tempura for starters which was a good sized portion and fresh tasting batter. For mains we each went for a green and red curry and shared a rice - the green curry was great, close to being one of the hottest I've had - but not an unpleasant heat - with lots of delicious flavour, highly recommend trying one if you're a fan!

Will be returning again and good to know they also do an equally great takeaway.

London, United Kingdom
“The Awesome Gem Of Reigate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Awesome ambience.
Awesome bar.
Awesome service.
Awesome food.

I have had numerous occasions to visit this restaurant, that used to be in Nork.
I have booked multiple:-
Tables for 2
Tables for 4
Tables for 6
Tables for 8
And even a Table for 16!
On each occasion I have always been hugely impressed with everything about the place.
Despite being over 4 miles from where I live, I even use it for take-aways, although you have to be prepared to collect.
Did I mention we all think the place is "Awesome"?

Visited December 2012