“Try the garden!”

ASK Italian - Reigate
Ranked #24 of 82 Restaurants in Reigate
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in a beautiful Tudor building along the High Street of Reigate, ASK Italian is an excellent restaurant bringing the authentic flavours of Italy to this Surrey town. This ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hidden at the back of the restaurant, up a flight of steps, is a lovely sun trap with umbrellas if the shade is more your thing.
Prices are on a par with other Reigate restaurants, but the garden sets it apart.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow can not believe how much they charge for bog standard food! Ordered spaghetti carbonara, what I got back was pasta watery with tiny chunks of sausage I think it was and I managed to count 5 pieces... £9 for a bit of pasta and 5mm x 5mm sausage chunk? I missed not having this at home! Desert was sparce to top it off over priced basic stuff!

1  Thank Emma W
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ate here on a Wednesday evening and the restaurant was very busy but the standard of service was quick and pleasant. Food was tasty and hot.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

loved the set menu,which wasn't on display...but having been on the website asked for it...great value xx

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The entire evening was terrible. Me and my friends arrived at 7:30 and asked for a table for 5. We were informed by the manager that it would be an hours wait. which was fine with us and he said he would ring us if the table came up earlier, so we went to one of the bars in Reigate. Returning an hour later the manager then said "sorry girls they are just finishing you'll get a table in a minute."

Thirty minutes later we were not only starving but very annoyed - if he couldn't give us a table why didn't he just turn us away. If we could we would have gone to another restaurant but we couldn't get a table anywhere else, we were just looking for a cheap (we had a voucher) weekday meal for the 5 of us.

We were eventually seated and I must admit our waiter was nice, although we were put in a room at the very end on our own with no cutlery and had to go and get it ourselves. My meal was a disaster - upon ordering the garlic prawns the manager came back and said "sorry we've run out of the large ones so do you mind if we use smaller prawns" I said fine. What arrived was one big prawn with burnt garlic and 4 tiny shrimps with nothing on whatsoever. At this point my friends were asking me to calm down because I was about to go and get the manager. The Calzone was fine for my main, my girlfriend had "Caesar Salad" which was dry chicken on ice burg lettuce, and had eaten Brushetta for starter which was burnt toast with chopped tomatoes on. Hardly great Italian cuisine. Whilst 2 of my other friends ordered they were given a list of pastas they couldn't have because they had "run out." Yes an Italian restaurant ran out of pasta. Ridiculous.

So angry with the appalling evening none of us had puddings and had one of the free hot drinks they were offering - we all had hot chocolate which I can only describe as brown water - which I am very glad was free as I would have refused to pay for it.

Regretfully I didn't personally complain but the more I reflect on my meal the more agitated I become by these chain restaurants who think they can get away with serving terrible food just because they are hiding behind their name.

Do not go here. There are many other restaurants in Reigate that are a lot better - I would rather go to the McDonalds in Redhill then go back here again.