“Very child friendly place. Nice staff, nice food, can't complain!”

ASK Italian - Reigate
Ranked #25 of 81 Restaurants in Reigate
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in a beautiful Tudor building along the High Street of Reigate, ASK Italian is an excellent restaurant bringing the authentic flavours of Italy to this Surrey town. This ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Very child friendly place. Nice staff, nice food, can't complain!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice friendly staff. Couldn't do enough for my daughter who is autistic. Had a really nice evening out with the family as usual. :)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tsnfirestorm

• Greek first
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Celebration gone sour”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Last night my boyfriend and I went to ASK to celebrate my new job - hurrah! We chose ASK because they have a good range of gluten-free options and had been to Prezzo (over the road) fairly recently.

Big mistake.

We waited 15 minutes for our drinks to come out. Nothing complicated, just two glasses of Prosecco. We placed our order and the starters arrived 15 minutes or so later. For the price you are paying, they are really nothing special. Mine looked like it had just been thrown on the plate.

We then waited between 45mins-1hr for our main course to arrive. During that time, our glasses were empty and no-one came to ask if we needed more drinks. When our meals finally turned up on the table, I was pretty gutted to find that my gluten-free pizza was wafer thin and completely inedible and my boyfriend's fish stew tasted of nothing at all.

By this point it was already 9pm (we arrived just after 7pm) so I told the waitress that I was not happy with the food and would pay for the starters and the drinks but that we were leaving. My complaint was met with some level of apology but I could see that she was clearly run off her feet. The manager then came over and said in a patronising tone, "So you don't like the food then?"...well, clearly not. He didn't even offer to knock any money off the rest of the food and drinks we had consumed, which obviously shows that they do not care about repeat customers. Had they done that, I may have considered it a 'blip' and tried again.

My celebratory meal was ruined and we went home hungry. I will be sticking with Prezzo from now on.

1 Thank Reena B
Reigate, United Kingdom
“A 2.15 hour farce...”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Myself and 8 of my contemporaries had the misfortune of dining here on Saturday night. We ordered our main courses fairly quickly however it wasnt until nearly 1hr 30mins that they arrived at the table. The food was below parr for the price, is also came in dribs and drabs. We complained to the waiters (who were pleasant), we were informed it was slow due to a table of 50 - unfortunately that's not my concern. We were given two out of the 6 bottles of wine for free but felt this wasnt enough, the manager came over with the bill and the card machines didnt work, there was an expectation of us to march to the cashpoint, we then explained absolutely not - she then offered the meal for free for all of our hassle. The card machine started to then work and we had to pay the full price!!! For what was meant to be a quick pizza turned into an incredibly slow and frustrating evening.

London, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited the restaurant with my girlfriend, had a great evening. Food was very good and very reasonably priced - drinks a tad expensive but most places are nowadays. Really got on well with the waitress that served us, a really friendly young woman. Overall a great evening at a very nice little restaurant in Reigate. Will be returning soon.

Horley, England, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and great service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited this venue as a family of four, two teenagers and two adults. The menu was good with enough choice to satisfy even a fussy 18 year old! Service was good attentive without being intrusive. all our food was delivered to the table promptly and correctly and without issue.
Fair price for what we ate too.
This restaurant although part of a chain remains personal and quirky enough to not lose its sense of customer service, it is located in a lovely character building so doesn't feel sterile like some new build restaurants can do.
It can get very busy on a Saturday night so I would recommend booking and trying to be seated before 8.30pm.

• Visited March 2013