“Wonderful July Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Wonderful July Wedding”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I would definitely recommend The Nutfield Priory to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

The building itself is amazing and wonderful for photographs. The Wordsworth Suite is a fantastic huge suite for the bridal party to get ready. So spacious, it easily accommodated the bride, 5 bridesmaids, mother and father of the bride, and 2 photographers.

What made the day so special was the way Charlie and the rest of the staff made us all feel so important. Charlie was our co-ordinator for the day and he couldn’t do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble, everything ran like clockwork. The civil ceremony was held in the Gibson Room with champagne and canapés

We opted for the buffet dinner and Charlie made sure it was so organised that no one felt that their table had to wait too long before they could help themselves to the buffet. The food was absolutely delicious; the beef was cooked to perfection and all our guests commented on how lovely the food was and the male contingent were pleased how much there was to eat.

The evening was a great success and the dance floor was packed for the last dance. Charlie then, somehow managed to organise everyone without us feeling rushed. A large number ended the night in the bar and I have to say the bar staff were fantastic. They were so patience even though it was the early hours of the morning before we finally when to bed.

We opted for the private breakfast the following morning in the Fielden Room. It was a wonderful way to end a brilliant wedding; lovely large round tables so we could all discuss the day before. I would definitely recommend doing this.

In the bride and bridegroom words – ‘It was amazing, we couldn’t have wanted a better day’

Once again: a huge big thank you to Charlie and the rest of the team.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline D
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Many thanks indeed for your wonderful review and top score!

We are so pleased that the Bride & Bridegroom, as well as all the guests, thoroughly enjoyed such a special day together at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa. It is kind of you to take the time to share your thoughts on your experience on Trip Advisor. The team, Charlie in particular, will be delighted with your comments.

Wishing you all the best and we hope to be able to welcome you all back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lovely attentive staff and quality throughout. The building and its scenic backdrop are breathtaking. Perfect for a romantic weekend. The spa treatments we received were amongst the best I have experienced, and I will sorely miss their breakfast buffet! My only criticism might be that the room was a little basic for the price (though very comfortable and roomy).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and wonderful score.

The whole team, especially the Spa, will be thrilled to read the feedback. Thank for you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & spa treatments, in particular, with us. Do feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your comments further and to advise me in which room you stayed.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Pros
- Without exception all the staff were genuine, welcoming and friendly. Outstanding service!
- Stunning building and views with plenty of space and beautifully dressed rooms to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- We had afternoon tea outside, lovely selection of teas but pretty pricey. Very nice cakes!
- Dinner was excellent, fantastic menu and great service again. Restaurant was cleverly laid out so that all tables were next to a window with the stunning views. We particularly liked the sweet corn starter!

Cons
- Bedroom was average, clean and pleasant but tiny bathroom and view on to car park. We didn't mind too much as we spent most of our time enjoying the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Many thanks indeed for your 5 out of 5 review.

The team will be delighted that they had such a positive impact on your stay with us. It is kind of you to take the time to post a review and in such a balanced way. Your feedback is very much valued. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Ended up at this hotel after not being able to find anywhere else in south London at short notice due to Royal Ascot, and how fortunate I was. This is a beautiful country hotel in fantastic grounds. On arrival I was told I'd been upgraded to a deluxe room due to the classic room not being available. The room was sheer luxury with fantastic views over the grounds and further out over the countryside towards Gatwick. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The full English breakfast was fantastic, with a choice of toast and eggs cooked to order. I chose poached eggs along with the normal English breakfast and I think they were the best poached eggs I have ever tasted. This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review & recommendation.

It is kind of you to take the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. The team, especially the Kitchen brigade, will be delighted with your comments. We are pleased that you found us and I am hopeful that we will be able to welcome you back one day.

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Service very slow - it was at least 25 mins before our drinks arrived and another 30 mins wait for food. Then told I would have to pay extra as my Hand Picked Hotels voucher did not cover the sandwiches!! Manager later apologized for their mistake with a glass of champers, but very embarrassing and put a real downer on my mum's Mother's Day treat. Portions were small and I did not feel it was value for money compared to other afternoon teas I've had. Will not be visiting again or recommending to friends.

Stayed June 2014
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Many thanks indeed for your review.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to verify the date of your booking. Our afternoon tea is often mentioned as a real highlight of a stay at Nutfield Priory. I appreciate your review states you stayed in June – but any further details you could provide me with would allow me to look in to your comments for you.

Many thanks in advance for your time. My direct number is 01737 824401.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Me and my hubby stayed here for my belated birthday treat. The building and scenery was amazing. The staff were so friendly and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived.

The room we stayed in was basic and for the money we paid for a two night stay I would of expected a bit more. Also our room was changed on the card we was given so not sure if we were downgraded!!

The food was exceptional we had dinner from the a la care menu on the first night and the 6 course taster menu on the second again like others have said very expensive - big compliments to the chefs
Breakfast was also nice however the buffet was a little limited and didnt seem that fresh.

The spa was ok swimming pool is a bit old and boring and not deep enough. The gym was great and I had two treatment which were fantastic the girls were lovely and really looked after the guests.

Overall a lovely place to go but a bit overpriced and the spa could do with a bit of a revamp.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa.

The team will be delighted with your comments around general service & friendliness and of course the Kitchen brigade will be very pleased with your feedback on the tasting menu. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your bedroom; I have checked and can confirm that you were allocated a room within the category booked; the specific room number was changed due to availability at the time of check in. Due to the historic nature of the building our rooms do differ from one to the next, perhaps if we were lucky enough to welcome you back - I could show you a selection of bedrooms for you to choose from.

Thank you for your time. All the very best.

Russell
Belmont, California
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We choose this as a unique place for our last night in England, with a day at Hever Castle before flying out the following noon from Gatwick. It worked fine for that, although figuring out the route from Hever Castle to the hotel took a little effort. (We did not have GPS in our car.) Getting to Gatwick, however, was easy from the hotel. The facility itself, as others have noted, has a wonderful historic main building and we enjoyed our giant junior suite with a view from within that building. The small non-view rooms and spa area seemed less desirable. The dinner in the restaurant was good but overpriced. Our main complaint is that the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, which could happen anywhere, but based on other reviews, it sounds like this may not be a rarity here. We also found the high tub moderately difficult to get in and out of.

Room Tip: A junior suite is worth the added cost. I wouldn't stay here in a lesser room.