“wonderful weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
london england
“wonderful weekend break”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

we had a weeke nd break brought for us by our daughter to stay at nuttfield priory and we were not dissapointed,the staff at check in were very helpful telling us exactly where our room was.
this was very spacious and while quite cool we asked at reception and within minutes they had been up to show us how heating worked.
The meal was exceptional after seeing menu in bar we were taken to a nice seat in restaurant where a lovely waiter Daniel helped us through the courses.the chateau briand is a must The only little gripe is that the spa is outside the building round back of hotel so have to go outside to access it but well worth a visit as very calming and relaxing. would definately go back again.

Room Tip: itry and get room with a lovely view it is well worth it we were on second floor ,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us.

The team, Daniel especially, will be delighted with your comments. Please accept my apologies for the heating not being set appropriately in advance of your arrival.

All the very best for now - we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for our 1st anniversary last weekend and everything was perfect .Ignore negative comments as I think you will love it . Felt instantly made to feel special and enjoyed the magnificent views ...worth the upgrade price. Breakfast was lovely ...didn't have evening meal there so can't comment on this but had a drink in the bar and was offered complimentary snacks which was a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your first anniversary with us at Nutfield Priory Hotel.

It is kind of you to take the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

We hope to welcome you back for perhaps your next anniversary. Do not hesitate to contact us at any point.

All the very best.
Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed for our anniversary and I must say it was superb. We felt totally pampered, room was gorgeous, staff were brilliant and very attentive and the meal in the restaurant was sublime. Very happy and would recommend to anyone considering staying here. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the spa was very relaxing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks indeed for posting a review of your stay with us at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa.

It is always a delight to know that our guests have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I am pleased that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. The team will be thrilled that they were able to have such a positive impact on your experience.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again.

All the very best
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at the Nutfield Priory, I had previously visited the Spa and hoped to enjoy the lovely hotel building as much.
Sadly I was allocated a dud room (8). I arrived early evening just as it was really getting dark and noticed outside my window a large structure partially shrouded in green camouflaged material. From this structure came a constant noise (rather like a bus idling) that never stopped and was very noticeable despite the double glazed window. As the evening wore on I also began to notice a strong smell of cooking (fried food) in the room that may or may not have been related to the machinery outside. I informed the receptionist who told me she would send someone up to investigate but nobody had materialised after an hour so I dragged in the passing 'turn down' staff who agreed it was rather smelly and offered to spray air freshner about. I went to dinner and on my return found the smell had dissipated somewhat but the machinery was still running and did so all night.
After a fitful sleep I awoke to the odour of bacon cooking which was particularly strong in the windowless bathrooom. I'm glad I only had to stay one night and dissapointed that no one from the hotel was willing or able to explain the noise and smells or offer any solution or consolation.
I'm sad that my expectation of a quiet night of luxury in the country turned into a transport cafe B & B experience which marred my enjoyment of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not accept room no 8!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 372AliBali
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your bedroom. We are reviewing your comments to see what can be improved to prevent a reoccurrence of the points you raised.

Please do contact me directly on rlines@handpicked.co.uk if you would like to discuss your comments further.

All the very best.
Crowborough
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Slight problem with the first room we were allocated but this was very quickly resolved to our complete satisfaction.
We had a scrummy cream tea in the Cloisters Restaurant with fabulous views.
In the evening we had wonderful cocktails & canapes before having a really delicious, Michelin star standard, dinner.
Breakfast next morning didn't disappoint. Cold meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurts, freshly prepared fruit, pastries. Then we had an excellent cooked to order breakfast. The staff, in particular Daniel, were so helpful & friendly.
Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, then ask for one to the rear of the property.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting a review following your stay at Nutfield Priory. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

I am delighted to read how you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. A truly wonderful review - thank you - the team, especially the kitchen brigade and Daniel, will be thrilled with your comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had our wedding here at the begging of November and I cannot recommend it enough. The building is beautiful, the perfect romantic spot. The hotel looked after us through months of planning they thought of every detail including things I hadn't even considered. The packages are wonderful and covered everything I wished for. Shaun, the wedding and event coordinator, was fantastic. All the staff were very helpful and made the day so special for us. I cannot think of one thing I would change or improve we loved every second. Thank you so much for a wonderful day, we hope to come back for many anniversaries!

Room Tip: The extra money for the suite is definitely worth it
1 Thank Alison K
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Many congratulations again to you both and thank you for sharing your special day with us. It was a pleasure looking after you and we wish you every happiness for your future together.

I am delighted that you mention so many positive aspects and in particular recocnise the contribution that Shaun Wright had on making your special day even more special. I very much look forward to welcoming you back for many anniversaries to come.

Kind regards,

Adam Rowledge
Deputy General Manager
Horley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

No other wedding venue could compare to this Elegant Manor Hotel. From the day we 'stumbled' on to Nutfield, it did not disappoint. We felt free and welcomed to check various aspects of the wedding and the requirements as many times as I wanted. Although they have their own preferred suppliers , you are not restricted. The Floral Designer , Tania at Flowers77 was accommodating and flexible and understood my vision. Although there are a wide choice of meals, we preferred to have a Caribbean dish, which was very tasty and the dessert( selection of sorbets) was divine .We had a tasting evening and was able to make comments, which was taken into consideration. The wedding Team is on hand to adapt the ceremony and reception to give it a personal touch. The harpist , Jane Lister is the jewel in the crown. Our guest was in awe not only for the stunning environment but they way they were made to feel welcomed and 'at home'. The staff was friendly and accommodating and we felt like we were the only guest in the Hotel. The hotel is not cheap but it delivers on what it promises. As part of the package, we had a bridal suite -the Austen suite- which was spacious luxurious and comfortable. The staff arranged a private breakfast for all our guest that stayed over the Saturday night. It felt like another 'function' as it was decorated with the flowers from the previous day and it had a special touch. The only negative is that a few guest had to cancel for various reasons on the last minute. The wedding team keeps you updated with payment dates and have a few meetings to make sure the day flows smoothly. Would recommend the Hotel any time as we had a romantic, intimate and elegant wedding day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jo-anne C
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for posting such a fabulous review of your special day and for choosing to celebrate it with us.

We were delighted to be able to make your big day even more special and thank you for recognising so many positive aspects of your experience. I'm very pleased that you have also mentioned so many of our excellent suppliers in such a positive light as well. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you every happiness together for the future and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Adam Rowledge
Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nutfield
Brooklands Hotel
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!