We were staying at this hotel for a friends 30th, and were staying on the Sunday Night Offer. The offer itself was great with champagne, canapes, dinner and breakfast included.
Arriving at the hotel it is very grand. We arrived very early, and were in the midst of all the guests checking out. The checkin/out area is very small and so it could become very cramped. Terrance (Reception manager) spotted us, and we explained we knew we were early, but that the rest of the party were due soon and wanted to spend the day in the spa. He said it was probably a bit busy at the moment, but we were welcome to go the spa. As it happens it suddenly quietened down, and we were able to do the registration. Terrance, also organised a taxi for myself whislt my wife went to meet the others at the spa. From the moment we arrived, there was a real top notch service...something that was not to disappear over the whole evening.
Our rooms were ready late afternoon, which was fine as I only got back from the football late and the others were relaxing in the spa. I can not comment on the facitlities of the spa as I did not use them, but my wife did say she had definately seen better. For somewhere that is meant to be relaxing, having kids running around does not help. We were shown to, what I assume, is a standard room and this was perfectly adequate. It was very nicely decorated, and was a decent size. However, the air conditioning was not working. We tried various things to get it to work but it just would not. I popped to reception and spoke to Chris, who was very prompt in coming to the room. He explained that as it was a Sunday there was no maintenance staff, and we would need to move to another room. We were very kindly upgraded to the Shelly Sweet, which was absolutely devine. Also a special mention to the reception team, as they very kindly upgraded the Brithday girl and her husband to the "honeymoon" sweet. We did discover in the morning, that in fact no ones air conditioning had been working, and they had slept in sweat boxes.
As it was a birthday, we had a private dining area to ourselves. Pavel deserves all the praise in the world, as he was exceptionally good at looking after us. Glasses were never empty and he made sure that everything ran smoothly. the only reason for not giving a full 5* is I did not think the food was all that great. There were certain elements that were lovely (the roast pork belly), but others that were just ok (the ceasar salad and one leaf).
We had a wonderful evening here and would return. The Service is what makes this place, so please never lose that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in Redhill, Surrey is inspired by the Neo-Gothic design of the Palace of Westminster and is a unique Victorian mansion house in Surrey. Dating back to 1872 and set in 12 acres high on Nutfield ridge, Nutfield Priory Hotel is a four star country house hotel and spa with a 2 AA rosette restaurant. Cloisters Restaurant offers traditional British food with a modern twist accompanied by the breathtaking views of the Surrey and Sussex countryside. This fine hotel offers 60 bedrooms, 15 of which are individually designed, large feature bedrooms, with lavish artwork, and offering the likes of sleigh beds and original features. The suites are particularly special, one offering its own private balcony terrace and another which occupies three floors in the tower of the hotel. Set alongside the main hotel is the Nutfield Priory Health Club & Spa. A dedicated facility, this offers a fully-equipped gym, dedicated free-weights room, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, exercise studio and squash courts, plus a cafe bar and garden. The Spa itself is fully enclosed within the Health Club and is the perfect place to treat yourself or a loved one. Offering great Spa deals and Spa days in Surrey with nine treatment rooms, a quiet lounge, relaxation room and manicure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nutfield Priory Hotel Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Priory Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa Surrey