“Family wedding weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
London, England, United Kingdom
“Family wedding weekend”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A great weekend was had at a family wedding reception Building and grounds spectacular, stayed overnight for the special party price of £150 the room was a little small but everything was in place. Use of the pool at the Spa was great and the breakfast was good. Drinks very pricey but staff very attentive to your needs. Would recommend a visit for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Some rooms have great views over the south downs just ask.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DGM_ARowledge, Deputy General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our team to be very attentive to your needs, particularly for such a special occasion. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in the future, perhaps for a special occasion of your own.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner bought me a spa day with 4 treatments & lunch for my Christmas present & I only got round to using it in May. This was my first spa day experience & it did not disappoint. The staff were all wonderful, so friendly & helpful & my treatments were good. The only minor blip was the food which was really below par. I was lead to a lovely private table in a private dining room & was really looking forward to my lunch. Unfortunately it was somewhat of a let down. Chewy dry chicken followed by profiteroles which looked fantastic but upon eating were dry & probably frozen. I struggled to eat my meal if im perfectly honest. I did not flag up an issue with staff at the time because the staff were so lovely & also I did not want to spoil an otherwise idyllic day. I would certainly recommend a spa experience at Nutfield Priory to anyone but maybe give the lunch a miss.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tsnfirestorm
Thank you for posting a review of your recent spa day experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience in the spa both in terms of the quality of your treatments and also the personal qualitites demonstrated by our therapists. I am very disappointed that you did not find the quality of food that you ate to be of a good standard, we generally find the quality of our food to be of a very high standard and I am sorry for any shortfall on this occasion.

I very much hope that this would not deter you from returning to enjoy the facilities at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Overall we had a nice stay but the hotel is a little dated and in need of a bit of attention. The staff in the restaurant and bar were great but front desk were a little disorganised.. I had a few issues with my final bill which was a bit of a pain. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and had a relaxing evening sitting in the gardens with fantastic views.
The swimming pool was a big disappointment, very small and busy as open to people not staying at the hotel. I think generally for the cost the hotel is not up to the standard I'd expect.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room at the back of the hotel as fantastic views over the Downs. We had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I apologise for the issue that you experienced with your bill and that you felt that our swimming pool did not meet your expectations as it was being used by members of our Health Club. We do have an ongoing refurbishment progamme in place and I am sorry that you found certain areas to be in need of attention. I am pleased however that you also recognised some of the more positive aspects of your stay, notably your dining experience in our Cloisters Restaurant and the time you spent relaxing on our terrace.

Thank you very much for staying with us, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in the future.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and has the scenery to match. Check in was quick and easy, and our room was clean and very elegant.
The spa & gym facilities were great, good availability for spa treatments on the day and breakfast was also very good with lots to choose from.
We stayed for 2 nights and chose to eat in the restaurant on night 1. Although the food was lovely and the service was very good, it was very pricey - typically £10 for a starter, £30 to £40 for a steak depending on the cut and £42 for a bottle of £12 asti. We chose to eat out on night 2 and had a lovely meal of the same standard in one of the local restaurants.
Overall a lovely hotel and we didn't let the prices spoil our break.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay at Nutfield Priory and in particular enjoyed your experience in our Health Club and Spa. I am disappointed that you felt that some of the items on our a la carte menu were overpriced, we do try to offer a wide range of choices at different price points across our three dinner menus but I'm sorry that you did not feel that was the case. I am pleased however that this did not detract from an otherwise enjoyable stay with us and I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

london
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent my girlfriends bday at the hotel and had a brilliant time. We were upgraded to the best room in the hotel for free, had a brilliant meal, cream teas, cant fault the staff, their attitude and the hotel at all. Had a real nice time

Room Tip: wordsworth suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robbiec1123
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had such an brilliant stay with us and in particular enjoyed the complimentary upgrade that we were able to offer you as well as the quality of our cream tea and the impact that our fantastic team had on your stay.

Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had booked 2 rooms as a package to include champagne and dinner to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday 6th July to 7th July (the hotel had been pre warned of this). However on arrival we were offered rooms on separate floors (not conducive for a family celebration) .and the receptionist was frankly lacking in any customer care etiquette.......not what we were expecting for a hand picked hotel. After 40 minutes we were finally given keys to our rooms on the same floor but with no explanation of how to get there or where the different facilities at the hotel were located. The room was nice but very dusty, 1 of the bottles of water had a broken seal on the cap and had to be checked and exchanged there were no robes in the bedrooms, which as a spa facility there should have been and despite requesting 3 times they only arrived minus any belts the next morning. Attention to detail from the housekeeping staff seems to be lacking. Our evening meal at Cloisters in the evening went without hiccup and the champagne arrive as requested. However, we had requested the remaining bottle of champagne to be delivered to our room on the Sunday morning (our daughter's 21st) so that we could have a glass whilst she was opening her presents. Despite asking at reception, checking with Cloisters at breakfast and my husband chasing reception twice whilst we had a spa treatment, the champagne never materialised. What a let down. Checking out with the same receptionist was equally short on customer care as she failed to listen to questions being raised. Despite the champagne eventually arriving at the reception desk, this had been placed in the back room and it was only upon us asking asking yet again for the missing bottle that we were finally handed it upon our departure.
In general we were incredibly disappointed with the lack of care and service except for 1 member of the team who on the Saturday afternoon was extremely helpful in assisting my husband to print a document we need for the 21st birthday celebration. It's a pity all the staff don't have the same attitude.
It's worth noting that for the next evening we travelled up to Oxford for a meal at Le Manoir and stayed at The Oxford Belfrey at a third of the cost of our stay at your hotel. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and attentive. Which is exactly what you look when staying in a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the valley and lake are the best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia C
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I am extremely sorry that on this occasion we did not deliver an experience that fulfilled your expectations or indeed our own high standards. I have addressed the points with our team that you raised in your feedback regarding our shortfalls, corrective measures have been put in place to prevent such issues occurring in future and I apologise again for the negative impact that they had on your stay with us.

Whilst there were a number of areas where we did not deliver our usual high standards I am pleased that you recognise some of the more positive aspects of your stay as well and hope that will we have opportunity to welcome you back to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in the future.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Would stay again bit pricey but lovely views across Surrey close to Brighton hotel rooms lovely food was not brill but was nice overall I would recommend staying here we meet are friends from Australia and we had a fab time staff where also great many thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank paulpickerill1979
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Many thanks indeed for your review and indeed for highlighting how good the staff were. I appreciate your comment on the bar and we have already planned in some work in this area starting with a new carpet very soon.

All the very best.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nutfield
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
#1 of 5 in Egham
The Runnymede on Thames
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!