Girlfriend booked as last minute break for us for bank holiday weekend, which was a good start! Was booked just a few days in advance, though a "spa" hotel would be a nice way to relax and switch off.
Warning bells should have gone off as most other places were fully booked, but Nutfield had plenty of availabiity.
Have been to many spas, and when you are paying 250 a night for the room, then you expect to be accommodated in the spa even if last minute. Impossible to call the hotel, you get bounced to the central "hand picked" booking line, where we were promptly told nothing in the spa was available.
Now - I understand that it gets booked out, but when someone is spending 500 on the hotel (and spa) you would expect a higher level of service. However, that is not my major gripe.
1. the hotel is not a hotel and spa. There is a health club next door, with reasonable equipment and a very poor pool area. This includes a fairly grotty sauna and a very smelly and poor steam room. The pool was closed as someone had a slight accident in it (not the hotels fault on that one). Outdoors is some very cheap, nasty and dirty plastic chairs to rest on, very poor indeed. The entire set up down stairs was that of a sub standard gym, not a luxury spa. There is a treatment centre area upstairs, which we did not go to as fully booked up. When I had inquired before arriving, I was assured we would have full use of the spa and relaxation area ... and those 2 elements are an utter disgrace
2. Quite dirty room, e.g. radiators had thick dust (as in a cm +) when towel dropped behind it
3. Day 1, we got a single shower gel in the luxury pack in the bathroom ... real high class effort there
4. Day 2, this was gone and there was a solitary shampoo! Well I suppose you get to wash the body one day and the hair the next
5. After breakfast post first night, we got back to room c. 11 -- had not been made up. Popped outside and went to gym, came back at 14:30 .. still not made. In the end we told reception to make the room when we went out in pm
6. Post gym, though I would order room service. Phoned the number. No response. Rung out and went dead. I redialled for five minutes constantly. No luck. I was alternating with reception who were also not answering ... an yet the hotel was pretty quiet. Eventually did get through.
7. Room was very tired, stains on surfaces etc
8. Second night, the TV packed up. I have to say I didn't both trying to get any fix for this
9. First day I used the 2 coffee capsules in the set ... day 2, amazingly ... not replaced
10. On day we left, a very surely cleaner just stood by the door waiting, the icing on the cake!
1. Beautiful building
2. The matress was excellent
3. Happened to be close to a friend of mine who laid on a fantastic bbq
Can't comment on food, did not eat there other than breakfast which was mediocre ... though views fantastic from breakfast.
Overall, rarely have I resented paying for something as much as here, I highly recommend you do not visit if you are expecting a quality hotel and a decent spa (I reiterate, it is a health club with some treatment areas), there are many excellent facilities at better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in Redhill, Surrey is inspired by the Neo-Gothic design of the Palace of Westminster and is a unique Victorian mansion house in Surrey. Dating back to 1872 and set in 12 acres high on Nutfield ridge, Nutfield Priory Hotel is a four star country house hotel and spa with a 2 AA rosette restaurant. Cloisters Restaurant offers traditional British food with a modern twist accompanied by the breathtaking views of the Surrey and Sussex countryside. This fine hotel offers 60 bedrooms, 15 of which are individually designed, large feature bedrooms, with lavish artwork, and offering the likes of sleigh beds and original features. The suites are particularly special, one offering its own private balcony terrace and another which occupies three floors in the tower of the hotel. Set alongside the main hotel is the Nutfield Priory Health Club & Spa. A dedicated facility, this offers a fully-equipped gym, dedicated free-weights room, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, exercise studio and squash courts, plus a cafe bar and garden. The Spa itself is fully enclosed within the Health Club and is the perfect place to treat yourself or a loved one. Offering great Spa deals and Spa days in Surrey with nine treatment rooms, a quiet lounge, relaxation room and manicure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HRS, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nutfield Priory Hotel Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Priory Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa Surrey