Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
$50
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,149 results
All reviewsafternoon teabeautiful buildinghealth clubhand picked hotelshandpicked hotelswordsworth suitesurrey countrysidebyron suiteseparate buildingcourse dinnerexecutive roomone night staybirthday treatcream tearelaxing breakcoffee machinelovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had an amazing spa day. The facilities are excellent, very relaxing and the staff really helpful and friendly. Highly recommend and very good value for money with lots of special offers. Beautiful setting and easy to get to

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
RussellLines, General Manager at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Many thanks indeed for your lovely review and score.

We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your spa day. It is very kind of you to take the time to share your comments online and of course for your recommendation.

All the very best for now. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked Nutfield Priory as part of my birthday celebrations as i had been to Handpicked Hotels before and enjoyed my stays in previous hotels. I had a package for £160 including dinner, bnb, and money off a massage. When I booked there was no option for the massage discount so the hotel did upgrade my room instead which was great. I especially picked this hotel because I wanted some rnr and was looking forward to a spa.

When we arrived the room and the hotel itself are beautiful. However, unlike other hotels in the collection you have to walk out of the hotel to reach what can only be described as a tacky 1980s style leisure centre. The pool was so shallow that my partner hit his foot at the bottom of it as he tried to swim. The pool and jacuzzi room was not relaxing in the slightest there was no mood lighting, the jacuzzi was tepid, and anyone that isn't a hotel client can access the facilities. Whilst I was trying to relax in a far from adequate environment some child was screaming so not very relaxing. Needless to say I was not impressed at all and was actually quite devastated I hated spending my birthday in such a nasty cheap and tacky leisure centre which was not a proper spa. It was nothing like the other spas in the hotels e.g. Rhinefield House which is gorgeous and relaxing.

Instead of spending a few hours in the pool and spa relaxing my partner and I walked out after 20 mins after having in a luke warmish jacuzzi.

We went back to hotel and to be fair the dinner with the package was of good quality and was nice, the staff were friendly, and they had happy birthday piped in chocolate on my desert plate which was really sweet. We asked the bartender if he could make some cocktails for us, he was friendly and the cocktails were lovely.The breakfast in the morning was good and there were lovely views.

However, I did have to call the hotel up 3 days later because they were still holding the preauthorisation of £100.

ALL in all I would say if you want a spa hotel DO NOT BOTHER unless you don't have standards and think a tacky recreation centre is something good. IF you do want a lovely hotel room with great views and don't mind about the pool facilities then this is a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samroz3

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel - the food, the bedroom and the service. I would also like to thank you for choosing Nutfield Priory Hotel for your birthday celebrations.

I understand however that the spa was not to your liking and I can only apologise if your expectations were not met. Our pool depth is fairly standard for facilities of this nature and comes under health & safety guidelines. I am sorry if the hot tub did not feel up to temperature -we will review our records. We run the hot tub at 38 degrees and check every two hours - we will be sure to review this procedure to prevent any further anomaly.

I am sorry that the ambience was not to your preference. The facilities are only open to hotel guests and private members. We have in place adult swim times to help ensure we offer suitable conditions to all - I am sorry if these timings were not mentioned/offered to you in advance.

I would be happy, of course, to discuss your stay further if you would like to speak with me directly at the hotel.

All the very best for now and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here one night. Everything, and I mean everything, is just fantastic. Top service in beautiful surroundings. The food is wonderful. And the waiters know your name when you come down for breakfast. I think this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at:-)
I will highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for a wonderful score and review!

It is always great for the team to know when a guest of ours has enjoyed their stay with us so much. Hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a night away for my partners birthday. The staff were attentive and went out of their way to make our stay extra special. The room was very clean and beautiful with lovely views of the countryside. The grounds and building are fantastic and feel very luxurious. The restaurant exceeded expectations with great food and service; it definitely didn't have the feel of a hotel restaurant and was very initimate. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again for another upcoming special occasion!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

A lovely review - many thanks indeed!

We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I trust that the birthday celebrations went off well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on line.

All the very best.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went for a very special occasion which was after the civil ceremony of my daughter. It was a very intimate family affair of just 10 of us and it was made beautiful by Nutfield priory. After the ceremony we were served a high tea in a private room by Richard who did a great job, it was splendid, after which we checked in our rooms, our room 10 was unfortunately very cold and the heating didn't seem to be working, the staff were really helpful and changed our room to an executive room where it was very comfortable. The dinner of a 3 course set menu was wonderful and again Richard was very attentive to all our needs. After a great sleep we all met for breakfast where again we had a very nice table prepared for our group. Breakfast was excellent. My daughter and husband were in the wordsworth suite which they loved and will be going back there for a weekend.
All in all we were thrilled by our stay and the way we were looked after, Thanks to all the staff of Nutfield Priory.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AshDoha

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are thrilled that your daughter's special day went so well. I will be sure to thank those team members who looked after you, most notably Richard, who will be so pleased they were able to impact so positively.

I am sorry to hear of the issue in your original bedroom but pleased that we were able to overcome this for you.

Wishing you and your family all the very best for the future.