“Lovely”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Nutfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Inn on the Pond is not close to any public transport.
Description: Situated adjacent to Nutfield Cricket pitch with fantastic views over Nutfield Marshes, The Inn on the Pond is a quintessental English Surrey country pub. The Inn on the Pond, as a traditional pub, offers a large bar area for drinking as well as a separate dining room and bar dining area. A log burner and open fireplace create a cosy pub atmosphere on winters days.The team in the kitchen create good pub menus of freshly cooked and locally sourced food which is served both indoors and outside by the pond. We are open for lunch and dinner througout the week, and all day on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. As the Inn is situated on the main cycle routes near Redhill and ajacent to the Nutfield Marshes Conservation area it is also popular with walkers and cyclists - both of whom are welcome. In fact we have our own wellie wall! There is a large car park to the side of the pub. Your host is Penny Appel and she and her team look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was surprised with a trip here on my birthday on the way back from dropping friends off at Gatwick airport. We arrived a little early for our reservation so decided to sit outside and take full advantage of the view. Beautiful setting where we enjoyed watching the sunset, horses in the field and cricket match, lovely.

The restaurant was nice and cosy. Food was delicious, portion size was big which was great after our long busy day and waitress was friendly.

We were the only ones in the restaurant which I just can't understand as the food, service and décor were top notch.

IOPManager, General Manager at The Inn On The Pond, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear "Lovetrott",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your experience with us.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have visited several times since August and have always found a warm friendly welcome the pub has a great atmosphere and a very good choice of real ales. The staff headed up by Penny and assistant manager Chris are friendly polite and attentive. The food is great too, I had a wonderful beef Sunday roast and on another occasion beautiful pork belly with dauphinoise potatoes. I will definitely be visiting again Highly recommended.

1  Thank Glen M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visited 4 times over past 6 months when herre on business, and each time the food has been good to very good, the service good, and I really like the location (plus easy parking).
Last meal was really good - scallops to start, then fresh plaice fillets on risotto with samphire seaweed. Delicious and cooked perfectly!
I take business colleagues there and especially the ones from outside the UK enjoy the "country pub" character, and a drink in the bar is nice before heading for the table.
The main dining area is not as "cosy" as the ye olde pub style in the front, just a simple dining room, but neverthless pleasant.
Service must be a "hit and miss" thing if I see some other reviews, but I have never had a problem. Once had to remind for a drink order or something but nothing really bad!
Restaurants like this take time to prepare something a bit more special than just "pub grub" or the factory food you will find in one of the popular chains - so I think you need to adjust expectations a bit, enjoy the difference, and order another round while you're waiting! :o)

1  Thank AllOverThePlace1

Dear "Allovertheplace1",

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We met some friends here as this was a halfway house location and the reviews were good.
the Pub has a good location, and a large carpark. on entering the pub it seems a bit bland but should the log fires be lit it would change the whole atmostphere inside, on saying that, its a pub/resturant.
The menu is good and a good vegeterian selection, the beers are also good with some nice real ale to chose from.
Main course was very nice and well cooked and presented, well done. The puddings are also great, so well done to the back room chefs and staff
one point is that the service is quite slow. other that that a good experience for us and our friends. We will go back, its worth a visit.

Dear "Knocker874",

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Really pleased you enjoyed your experience with us...apologies for the slow service, if I remember correctly, you came just as we were training up new Front of House staff so it was a wee bit slower than I'd like, but thankfully we're firing on all cylinders now.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have visited inn on the pond several times over the past couple of years and have always found a warm welcome, excellent food and friendly attentive staff.
We were not disappointed when we booked a table for 13 for a special family celebration meal. We pre-ordered our food choosing from a substantial menu. We had drinks in the bar and were shown to our table in the comfortable dining area. Once we were seated the food arrived quickly, all generous portions and piping hot too. The scallops were delicious and my main of pork belly was superb. Thank you to Penny and all the staff for ensuring our celebration was a great success!

Dear "Lisa O",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, really appreciated.

So pleased you all had a great time, I know we all did too so thank you for making our evening aswell.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon