Tripadvisor
Mickleham
All reviews the pub roast beef old church for sunday lunch comfortable bed booked a table coffee machine lovely room stayed for one night gatehouse mains leatherhead boxhill venue gatwick
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After years of trying to find an atmospheric hotel I have finally found it. The room was idyllic with an uneven floor, uneven walls and a sloping ceiling. The wall lights were just perfect. The old wardrobe built into the the wall wall was perfect, as was the shower room which was immaculate. I spoke to the cleaning lady who had recently come from South Africa, so I congratulated her on the cleanliness and presentation of our room.

We had been given a rather smart coffee machine which my husband used- great- and he is a snobbish fuss pot!

So the room was superb.

The food in the bar was, to be honest, better than a lot I have eaten in the past 25 years. My husband had a burger and loved it. I had cod with Palma ham terrine with truffle oil, Romanesque and pureed cauliflower. The second night we had the Shepherd's pie and the linguine. Well, what can I say? We have not been this impressed for a great many uears and we have eaten at Gary Rhodes', Keith Floyds' and the Tanners.

So it must be said that the chefs here are a really good cut above the others. The staff were ALL lovely. The manager was the best we have ever encountered and was so "normal".

We will be back very soon. However, I will bring a candle and Jane Austen style nightdress!

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my partner's birthday and we can't recommend it enough. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable. Dinner was excellent, we shared a baked camembert to start, then had risotto and chicken kiev for main, all delicious. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, including making us a packed lunch to take on our walk the following day. And the location for walking in the Surrey Downs could not be better.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent meal on the evening of our arrival.
Very comfortable bed.
Bathroom door would not shut. Inside handle was broken and locking bar permanently out. Pointed out and the lock was replaced within 2 hours.
Later found the sink plug had no chain so could not be pulled out.
Bathroom excepted the pub was very pleasant

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay at the running horses on Sunday night it was all great. The staff went out of there way to accommodate us and were so friendly and lovely. Dinner was excellent and they took the trouble to ask us to preorder so they hadn’t run out of what we wanted. Our room Kempton was clean recently refurbished lovely big comfy bed and a huge walk in shower. Minuty the house rose what a treat will be back friendly fun and fabulous thank you

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just had a lovely lunch here. We were a big group without a booking and the staff went to a lot of effort to accommodate us. Food was delicious and the pub has a really nice atmosphere. Thanks for a great experience!

Trip type: Traveled with friends