TripAdvisor
Mickleham
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the pub roast beef old church for sunday lunch booked a table comfortable bed lovely room stayed for one night mains leatherhead boxhill venue gatwick
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

We decided to celebrate an anniversary with another couple over lunch in the restaurant. The bar staff were pleasant and efficient. The restaurant had been refurbished since our last visit and is very comfortable. We enjoyed sitting in one of the booths. The food, while not inexpensive, was of good quality and delicious but made so much more enjoyable by virtue of the splendid and commendable personal service we enjoyed. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JohnW832
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch quite by luck when on a walk in the area and it was a great find. I had an incredible savoury tarte tatin that was so well done and my husbands cheese sandwich went down very well.
Lovely spot in the village with good seating outside to watch the village life.
We want to return here for another lunch and would recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank thompsonandthomson
Reviewed September 13, 2015 via mobile

Where has the lovely Running Horses gone. It was an absolute favourite for years, having moved away I was really looking forward to revisiting. It had so much character :(. What a shame, all the simple deco has gone too.

I can't say I will go out of my way to go back, not to say there was anything wrong from my visit - but it's not the great little English pub it used to be.

2  Thank Hphoto
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

Recently had a fantastic evening at the running horses. Very friendly staff, food was amazing. But the service was outstanding, Farid not only knows his food but his wine knowledge is exceptional!!
I can highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 3, 2015

We chose this hotel as it is right next to Boxhill school where our daughter was boarding. We have to say that it is one of the best places that we have ever stayed. Better even than some 5 star hotels. Very friendly & helpful staff. We stayed in the Ascot room which was beautiful. The food is amazing. We would highly recommend this hotel/luxury inn & will definitely come back when we visit our daughter in the near future. We even had to cancel a 2nd room on the day of arrival & the manageress didn't charge us for this. Unheard of where we live in the south of France.

Room tip: Ascot room is beautiful. Has a lovely bath & church views.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family