The Running Horses
TripAdvisor
$89
$125
$121
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs(Epsom)(Great Value!)
$108
$90
HIExpress.com
Days Inn Cobham M25(Cobham)(Great Value!)
$64
$40
Agoda.com
$78
Travelocity
Travelocity
All reviewsthe pubroast beeffish cakesfor sunday lunchold churchlivercoffee machinecomfortable roomspretty churchlovely roomfull english breakfaststayed for one nightan overnight stayrunning horsegatehousesurreyiain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Since 2002 I have enjoyed this wonderful pub/restaurant/hotel.
I have had business meals, friends and family join me. In fact if one is working alone there is no better place to be based and looked after by attentive staff that create a welcoming vibe that is hard to describe. Try out The Running Horses. You will not be let done

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Terry5525
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed on business this week really nice pub great beers with a great ambience in a picturesque part of the world.

The rooms look great well furnished but mine had the most uncomfortable Mattress I've ever slept on.

The pub has a "best eating pub in Surrey" certificate on the wall all I can say is that the other pubs in surrey are really poor my belly pork was OK, the loin was really dry and the potato had clearly recently seen the inside of a microwave which is is a bit steep for 20 quid and tiny portions. Excellent sticky toffee pudding.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joss1085
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We returned to the Running Horses last Friday evening having had several enjoyable meals in the past. On this occasion we had originally booked for four but had no trouble extending this to five. This was probably because the restaurant was almost empty when we arrived for an 8.15 reservation. In contrast the pub section was very busy. Although a few more tables were filled this did affect the ambience; this was a shame because both the food and service (we had a lovely Australian waitress) were excellent. Though not a cheap restaurant, I feel that we got value for money and, unlike some other reviewers, found all choices to be available. The decor in the restaurant is quite 'oldy worldy' which though in keeping with the pub, could probably do with some updating. Overall this was a pleasant experience and I would return.

Room Tip: We did not sleep at the venue.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed on business for one night, checkin was the easiest I've ever had, the room was comfortable and clean and the food was excellent.

the village is quiet and pretty and all the staff that I met were helpful and friendly.

I'll definitely be back

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I had previously eaten at the Running Horses as I had heard they had great food and we were pleasantly surprised at how our expectations were surpassed. We decided to hold our wedding reception here and Robin the manager was brilliant from the very start, helping us choose the right menu and drinks for our guests and bearing with me in particular as I was so nervous about organizing everything. Once the day came, Robin and the staff were absolutely fantastic, always ready to go the extra mile to help and delivery the most amazing food I have tasted for a very long time. My wife and I stayed in the Ascot room and although some of the other guests mentioned that their accommodation needed some TLC, we and they agreed that the food and the service more than made up for this.

Room Tip: The Ascot room faces the road at the front of the property were the main bus route to Dorking runs, so it can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple