“Very luxurious B&B - wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ditton Lodge Hotel

Ditton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Ditton
london
“Very luxurious B&B - wonderful!”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We stayed here on our wedding night and it was perfect - a very big and luxuriously appointed house which big and classically decorated rooms. The bed was BIG and very comfortable with lovely views over the large garden. The bathroom was very clean with luxury shampoos, etc. and a great power shower.

Breakfast was excellent and the service could not be faulted. We would recommend this as a great relaxing place to stay which feels like the country but very close to Central London.

• Liked — very comfortable
  • Disliked — would have been nice to have a bath!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dave_london_ukLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Stockholm
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Lovely house, very friendly and helpful staff.

Clean, small rooms, with sweet bathrooms. Good breakfast. A quiet neighbourhood. You can even sleep with windows open and listen to the birds.

A 15 minutes walk from the town of surbiton where the train leaves for London Waterloo. Excellent connections. Surbiton actually has a McDonalds furnished with high class classic Danish furniture. The only one of the kind I've seen.

I was staying there on a business trip May08, and found the place was a nice difference from the anonymous business class hotels I'm used to. And very priceworthy.

I am looking forward to comming back to Ditton Lodge.

• Liked — So charming, friendly and clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Suffolk
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I stayed at the Ditton Lodge while we were finishing the building of our Hampton Court show garden. When I arrived I was greeted by extremely friendly staff who helped me with all my bags. The room was absolutely beautiful and had everything you could need after a hard day of working in the pouring rain, especially the power shower! In all I stayed for 3 nights and could find not one bad thing to say about the hotel. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough to anyone who is thinking of staying in the area. I will certainly be using it again!

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank LiaSuffolk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I am a hotel booking agent therefore fairly experienced as we are well travelled. I have just stayed with my family in three rooms at this hotel. It is superb. The staff are extremely helpful and genuinely care. The road is quiet yet in 10 mins walk you are in Surbiton 20 in Kingston with some of the best shopping outside of London. Breakfast was first class. Showers with high pressure, spotlessly clean with beautiful cotton bedlinen. I would stay here any day over a big London hotel. You can be in the centre of London by rail within 30 mins. You will not be disappointed. My only worry is more people will find it and then it will be hard to get in.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank FongPing
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I contacted this establishment via e-mail, and I was impressed by the friendly nature of the woman who corresponded with me. Her name was Roz. We were driving from South East England to London, and I was looking for a place to stay that would be near Hampton Court Palace. We needed to drop off the car in the morning, but we wanted to tour the Palace before traveling to London. There was the added concern of where we would keep our luggage.

Because I was unfamiliar with the area, I expressed my concerns, via e-mail to Roz. She advised me of the location of the nearest drop-off for the car, as well as the nearby location of the train station. In addition, she offered to keep our luggage for the day as we toured the palace. This was all set up prior to our departure from the US.

When we arrived, we were greeted enthusiastically, and shown to our room, which was immaculate. The Lodge was undergoing some outdoor renovations at the time, but the interior was beautiful, neat and sparkling clean.

We had a Family ensuite room with a double and a single bed, featuring a window that looked out onto the quiet street. Breakfast was included, and the charge for 3 people was £85.
Were able to park the rental car on the street right outside the Lodge.

Breakfast was served in a dining area that featured a large picture window looking out onto a back lawn. The staff was friendly and courteous.

We had no problem dropping off our car, boarding the train, and retrieving our luggage later in the day.

I am impressed with the service that we received, and I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with family
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The Lion Gate Mews​
The Lion Gate Mews​
#1 of 2 in East Molesey

Been to Ditton Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!