“Perfect Wedding”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Leatherhead
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Wedding”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned this morning from our friends' wonderful wedding.

The venue is set out perfectly for this kind of celebration, including the outside surroundings where the official wedding photos were taken. The waiting staff were efficient and attentive, the wedding breakfast was delicious (which included some rather generous-sized profiteroles), and at the end of the evening we could retreat to a clean, well set-out hotel room.

As there were many people from the wedding party staying over, the breakfast was set out in a smaller private room just for ourselves which was a nice touch. The breakfast was delicious, cereal fruit, croissants and a full english were at our disposal.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
KatieWGM1, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Anonymous5528

I was really pleased to read the lovely comments about your stay with us during your friend’s wedding reception. The team take great pride in organising and serving the events at the hotel and equally enjoy receiving such wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future and would like to take this opportunity to wish your newly married friends all the very best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here last week on business, and my only complaint is that I didn't stay long enough!!

I didn't arrive until gone 10pm after a long drive, however the receptionist was really friendly, including giving me directions on the phone when I got lost!!

The room was really spacious, very modern, and the shower was fantastic (again highly recommended to be by the receptionist!!).

I didn't eat dinner as I arrived so late, but they offered to do me some food on room service. I did have breakfast in the morning and it was cooked to order, not the more common buffet style you see nowadays.

Lots of parking, friendly staff, cannot fault anything. Hoping I get chance to stay there again, and for longer next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dewy_73, It was a pleasure to have read such favourable comments regarding your stay a couple of weeks ago. I have passed your comments onto the team as they enjoy reading such great feedback about their hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and to meeting you on your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business as part of a group service was excellent, room very comfortable and the group dinner was outstanding possibly one of the best such dinners I have had in many years. Would highly recommend this hotel whether for business or leisure. A must visit is Denbies vineyard.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear ellen_walker

I wish to thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay with us. It is always nice to read that our guests have had an enjoyable time with us. I have forwarded your comments onto the team who appreciate your compliments. Once again thanks and hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Essex
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a two night stay on a voucher offer which included dinner on the first night. We found the staff on Reception helpful and efficient, and our standard room had clearly been refurbished and was clean and comfortable with a very nice bathroom. So far so good. Then it came to dinner - oh dear! The service in the restaurant was very good, but there were only about half a dozen other diners. The included menu was very limited. Our choices to start were soup, and prawns. The soup was thin and watery, and virtually tasteless despite being described as broccoli and Stilton, and the prawn dish was served with lettuce so old that all the stalks were brown. The prawns, however, were good and plentiful.
The main course of salmon was nicely presented and reasonable. The dessert chosen was home made lemon tart, which certainly didn't look or taste home made and I suspect may have been defrosted in the microwave.
Our experience of two night hotel breaks is that the included meal would be of sufficient quality to tempt you into booking the second night in the restaurant on the a la carte menu. This one had the opposite effect and we looked for somewhere else for the second night. There is very little in the local area, and the pouring rain on the next evening led us to reluctantly take a risk on a bar meal.
We ordered simple food to take little risk - so lasagne for two! It was delicious, served with a fresh salad and garlic bread, and much enjoyed. The two breakfasts we had were served to order, and again very good. This hotel needs to get some consistency in its kitchen!
We have visited two other Legacy hotels, both of which were excellent, and we have a return visit planned to one of them. That won't be the case here sadly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DaisyMayEssex

Thank you for your comments with regards to your stay with us. I was so sorry to have read your feedback with regarding the food served in our Thatcher’s Restaurant. This was a real disappointment and I would appreciate discussing these views with you in greater detail. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Me and my wife recently got married at thatchers on the 3rd may and it was fantastic Clinton was brilliant from the day we booked our wedding till the day we got married he was so helpful and all his staff made our day even more special by their excellent service. Thatchers is a wonderful place to get married and it's great value for money and we will be recommending them to our friends and family.
Mr & Mrs Deane

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Johndeane
Dear Johndeane

I wish to thank you for your lovely comments with regards to your Wedding Reception in May. It is a great pleasure for me to read such terrific feedback about the team and your experience with us. It is important that your day is extra special and memorable. Clinton and all the team put their heart and soul into ensuring that this happens and enjoy equally the positive feedback.

Thank you again. Best wishes in your future together and we look forward to seeing again in the not too distant future.
Birmngham
Reviewed May 7, 2014

So it looks really cute on the outside. This is my first visit and was looking for somewhere to stay on a regular basis. This is not it. £89 b+b is way more than we usually pay but on the basis that it is near London seemed reasonable. Room pokey and basic, food just awful. Hand made cheese burger was a burger with a kraft cheese slice and frozen chips for £11 which I waited over half an hour for. Pretty poor by any standard. Cannot wait for breakfast, no doubt it will be Luke warm pre-cooked mush but I am prepared to be amazed. When are hotels going too wake up to the fact that there is competition out there. I will not be back any time soon. Oh, and the final insult, 2.5% surcharge for a credit card. Really? Does any decent hotel still do this?

Room Tip: Ask not to be in room 220 or anything similar. This looks and advertises a lovely country hotel, it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BrianS

I was dreadfully disappointed to have read your feedback regarding your stay with us. This is by no means a standard that we wish to deliver nor find acceptable. I would like to speak with you regarding this experience and hope that you will call to discuss.

Travelers are raving about these Leatherhead hotels

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Had my wedding here April 2014 and I have to say it was superb. Me and my wife could not of asked for more from the staff and venue.
Clinton and his team made sure that the day ran like clockwork and that we and our guests were at ease and having a good time. The ceremony was perfect, the wedding breakfast exceptional and the reception was fantastic.
As a venue for a wedding the setting was very picturesque and we had some lovely photos from the day and evening.
I would strongly recommend this as a wedding venue and every one of our guests had a fantastic day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren S
Darren S

So lovely that you would recommend us! Thank you for your kind words, so pleased that your day was truly special.

We hope you and your wife have many years of happiness together and we look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leatherhead
De Vere Horsley Estate
#1 of 4 in Cobham
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Thatchers Hotel? Share your experiences!