“Best Chinese restraurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zen Garden

Zen Garden
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Leatherhead
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Elegant Chinese Restaurant in Leatherhead with beautiful interior decor and extensive exclusive menu containing unique and creative dishes of Chinese food. Even food that is not on our menu, but that you've had elsewhere, we can try to accomodate and attempt to cook if you let us know. 10% off any orders cash paid on collection.Friendly staff and wide delivery radius acceptance. The restaurant has a potential capacity of a 100 person seating spanning over 28 tables. Under recent new strict management - food and service has undergone a complete overhaul and vast improvements have been made.
“Best Chinese restraurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the best chinese restraurant I have ever been in- been to lots before. Excellent service, attentive staff, lovely decor and most importantly amazing food!! I would come here everyday if I could :) Definately a five star (and more) restaurant!

• Visited August 2013

“Pretty darn good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This really is top notch Chinese nosh, the restaurant is always peaceful and calm and the food is excellent and the staff attentive. While it may be more expensive than other chinese restaurants the quality is higher so the price is justified

1 Thank Bigdog100
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you very much your review. I'm glad that the staff were attentive and that you liked the ambience of the place. It is my belief that a good service is extremely important. I think the serenity and zen of the place is what makes the restaurant perhaps different.
As for the quality, we also want and try to be very good so it's nice to have some feedback about that.
Thank you so much.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top of the list....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I love this place. Full of elegance and yet in a pub like Tudor style place. Food came quick and piping hot. The quality is really good. My favourite is the special chow mein.a huge generous portion! I was stuffed afterwards but was able to fit their branded Movenpick ice creams in too! Top place

1 Thank pantheriti
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your review. Yes the restaurant is a pub turned restaurant. And before that, a horse barn!! It is quite a hybrid place holding the elegance of a restaurant, the relaxation of Zen and yet the past rugged-ness of a horse ban and pub.. lol.
Nice to know people are finding it interesting. Thank you for the comments.

I believe portions have increased lately actually and I want the customers to get what they paid for. The Special Chow Mein is a very big portion providing all meats and plenty of veg.

As for the ice cream and sorbets, we use MOVENPICK which is a top Swiss brand making a lovely experience in the hot sticky Summer.

So happy you enjoyed your meal at Zen Garden.
Do come again....

Ivan..
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Last night we took our family to this restaurant and had wonderful food, excellent service and a thoroughly relaxed and enjoyable time. Practically speaking although it was an extremely hot day we were comfortable as the air conditioning was on , but not too cold, and our daughter came back from the toilets thrilled with their decoration and ambiance. During the evening they realized it was our son's birthday and they gave us an impromptu birthday ice-cream celebration which was lovely. Many thanks.

1 Thank Mizmaz256
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments.

We will always do our best with the service and food quality. I'm very glad to receive some feedback about this and to know that we're making a difference is very satisfying.
Yes, quite a lot of thought was put towards the decoration of the whole restaurant, even the toilets. I would like to thank my predecessors Mr and Mrs Ken and Miranda Pang for their founding and work. As for the emvironment, I thank all you reviewers for even commenting about it. Once before, the environment was not up to scratch in the Winter, so lessons learned. I really hope that all customers will be ever comfortable from now on.
Yes.. we always want to celebrate with you if it's a birthday, wedding anniversary, etc. If it something of that nature, it's a big deal for us all.

Thank you for your visit. Hope to see you again.

“Well done Ivan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I love this place!the food is soooo delicious and I think the restaurant is beautiful.its my local Chinese and now the only one I want to go to. The presentation has picked up a notch or two with lovely decorations on the plates.it just gets better and better! Fully recommended

1 Thank Wmicheal70
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank so much again Miss Micheals.

It was very good to see you again in ZG. How did you find the Scallops at this visit? I hope that your friends also enjoyed their visit and that they'd come again!

Thank you very much...