“Good food, memorable service”
Review of Zen Garden

Zen Garden
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Leatherhead
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant Chinese Restaurant in Leatherhead with beautiful interior decor and extensive exclusive menu containing unique and creative dishes of Chinese food. Even food that is not on our menu, but that you've had elsewhere, we can try to accomodate and attempt to cook if you let us know. 10% off any orders cash paid on collection.Friendly staff and wide delivery radius acceptance. The restaurant has a potential capacity of a 100 person seating spanning over 28 tables. Under recent new strict management - food and service has undergone a complete overhaul and vast improvements have been made.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, memorable service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went here on an anniversary with my partner. They didn't know we were celebrating but the service was at the standard of helping us celebrate. Very good food indeed and very fine service. The manager personally introduced himself and made sure we were taken care of which made us feel like VIP. Fully recommend this place. Nice selection of wines....

1 Thank flysquatter82

“Excellent Chinese cuisine I love to go again & again”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very good Chinese cuisine when ever I have been there I feel I am in China
Good decoration, good management, good staff & specially excellent food
No parking problem and excellent customer service

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SabirAkram
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your review!
We are very glad to provide a decent service and that you're thoroughly enjoying the food.
I hope that we will continue to please all our customers and that we never disappoint.

Thanks
Ivan..
“Enchanting”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant for the first time even through I have my own business go leatherhead itself, I found this place absolutely fantastic. The service was very attentive and kind and the food was well presented and delicious. I have been trying to look for a decent chinese restaurant for some time now and I believe have found it. I fully urge anyone to try this place out-

2 Thank bin3377
Thanks for the comments.
It's good to hear some opinions from a fellow business owner such as yourself.
Really great to hear that you were satisfied with the service and food as you can appreciate that having an establishment is tough and you need to try your utmost to keep it alive and going.

Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks
Ivan...
Loxwood, United Kingdom
“Zen Garden”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lovely old Tudor barn-style interior, unexpected for a Chinese restaurant. Good parking facilities and on the road so easy to find. Attentive, personal service from the manager and waitresses, I heard the people at the next table asking for detailed recommendations and explaining their different palates and requirements, and the waitress was extremely obliging and knowledgeable and most importantly, passionate about food. The menu was extensive but not overpowering. The dim sum were fresh and interesting, the crispy duck was ok, more meat would have been a plus. Our mains - lemon chicken, szechuan chicken and five spice beef with egg fried rice, were all delicious. Desserts are straightforward ice cream and lychees, but the icecream is Movenpick which beats most other supermarket brands. Our only complaint would have been for slightly bigger portions, as we were left wanting more, but I guess that's a testament to how good the food was. We'll definitely go back.

1 Thank Nicola F
Cheers for the review.
Yes... I think it's absolutely important for all the waitress's and myself to be fully knowledgeable about all the dishes. That way, we can overcome any Q&A thrown at us from the customers. I think it would be ridiculous if we were not able to answer any question or be able to recommend a dish or even describe out all ingredients of a dish. This would be useful in case a customer was sensitive to a certain ingredient, then we'll be able to help with this matter.
Thanks for the mentioning about the size of portions. To be honest, since my arrival as manager, I have increased the portions of all dishes but your comment is well noted and we'll continue to work on this.

Thanks a bunch.
Do come again!
Ivan...
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific presentation..”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to this establishment about a dozen times now and they've recently upgraded on the food designs and presentations. couldn't believe my eyes when I ordered my pan fried scallops that there was a tower in the middle of plate knife carved from a fresh carrot. And also another dish with cherry tomato rabbits!as the food,its been delicious as ever.they just upgraded the presentation...

1 Thank exptrain
Ivan W, Manager at Zen Garden, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review.
Yes... this presentation is new in our works and we're very proud if it reflects on the business in some way. For a while now, I've been trying to add this to our restaurant and now a genuis carver is in our kitchen, we can finally let this little enterprise grow and hopefully become something noticable and make this restaurant renowned.
Glad you really liked the presentations and I can assure you there is more to come. Mr Dong has learnt his skills in China and he is very enthusiastic to put the skills to good use.
Once again, thanks for reviewing and hope you enjoy what's to come.
Ivan