“Turn up hungry - Meattastic!!!!”
Review of Smok'd Restaurant

Smok'd Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
OR
Description: BBQ Restaurant featuring an extensive whisky & craft beer main bar. Adjoined to the restaurant at the back there is also the great addition of a music venue boasting some of London's greatest Blues & Jazz acts as well as one of London's longest running comedy nights.
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Wow. This place is a hidden gem in Kingston and can’t believe we’ve only just discovered it. Came here for my partners birthday and couldn’t fault a thing. Arrived about Midday and had a drink in the bar first. When we moved through to the restaurant area, really impressed with the layout and the atmosphere, staff were really friendly. I had the BBQ chicken wings to start & my partner had the calamari, the wings were amazing. We had the two meat option each for main, plentiful portions so wouldn’t have a starter next time!!! We had the beef ribs, pork ribs & brisket. All were delicious but the pork ribs & brisket were incredible!! Sides of slaw, fries &
Corn were perfect. We shared the Cornflake Sundae to finish but as delicious as it was, it pushed us over the edge! This place is amazing, turn up Hungry & get stuck in. We will be back!!!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic bbq food. I’ve had a lot of bbq food (esp as my sister lives in Brooklyn); but it’s the best bbq food I’ve had. Definitely the best food around in the area. Top notch

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

For anyone ordering on deliveroo they refuse to send a side order with the main course even though on the website it says they will, it has been like this for 6months and has not been changed. That means you pay full price for a meat dish roughly £17 to £20 and you get so side at all.

When I called to ask for the second time no manager was there and the owner was on holiday.

This place does great bbq but I guess they are getting a bit big time now to care about customer service.

1  Thank jamesvear35
Leigh W, Owner at Smok'd Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Hi James,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor feedback.

I have contacted Deliveroo who have now rectified the recent technical error. I would like to clarify that this glitch on the Deliveroo website was created in March 2019, an honest mistake during a menu update by the Deliveroo team.

I appreciate you informing us as we do not order from ourselves so generally can't know until we receive feedback. I'm sure the 'Deliveroo still not changed in 6 months' title to your Tripadvisor post was an honest mistake also and was meant to say 'Deliveroo still not changed in 3 weeks' in line with the truth in this case.

Also apologies that there was no manager present when you called for a second time, was it twice in the same morning by any chance? I know the manager on duty was otherwise tied for a full morning when I was off on my bi-annual long weekend break, so perhaps that was why.

I can assure you we are never too big to ensure our customers receive the best product and service that we can possibly produce. Trying to withhold a portion of fries from a valued customer would not benefit us as much as it would harm our onward business growth.

If the same problem does occur in the future please be aware that you are welcome to call the restaurant and ask to have a side added to your dish.

Once again thank you for your feedback as it has been helpful for us and for other customers suffering the same problem I'm sure. We do hope you don't let this put you off in future.

Many Thanks

Leigh

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

I met an old friend in here for a pint and a Tuesday burger offer and wasn’t disappointed. Despite being in Kingston it has a really authentic US feel to it. The food was really good and it has a good selection of beers. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Visited for a comedy night and booked the restaurant. Extremely impressed with quality, flavour and pricing. The pub has a great selection of ales and gins which is always a winner. Comedy club was excellent as well. Nothing not to like really!

Date of visit: March 2019