“Amazing”
Review of Fortunella

Fortunella
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Fortunella is a newly open cafe in the heart of Kingston upon Thames. Our Cafe is the ideal place to meet for coffee with friends, have a quick bite to eat or hold your meeting.
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I don't like giving 5 stars.... only the very best get it and therefore I think should be used sparingly. Fortunella is 5 stars. Healthy, fresh, super tasty... savory and sweet.... very good portion sizes and well priced. A must visit in Kingston.

Date of visit: June 2019
Fortunella-cafe, hr at Fortunella, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Trevor,

We are indeed honoured to have received 5* from you. We hope we can continue living up to it. We have every intention to. :-) So glad you enjoy what we have to offer. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2019

We enjoyed the best Saturday morning breakfast in Fortunella before our day trip to Brighton ❤️...this is by far the best cafe for food and freshly squeezed drinks in Kingston...I’m definitely coming here more often ❤️❤️

Date of visit: June 2019

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review for us. We are soooo happy you enjoyed your breakkie on what sounds a lovely day. Glad to have been a part of it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Visiting Kingston at lunchtime, I needed a coffee, and checked TA for nearby non-chain cafés. Firtunella was the nearest. We nearly gave up, as it was clearly immensely popular and most tables were occupied in and out.
Fortunella-tely, a couple left and we sat down. Inside there is a magnificent array of colourful fresh salads, quiches, desserts and cakes. Irresistible!
You order inside - options on a board priced by main plus number of different salads. You make your selection, sit down and your lunch is piled on the plate and delivered to your seat by a very efficient waiting team.
All was fresh tasty and well presented. My only quibble was the coffee, which was not to my taste,- weak, cloudy and not the full strong flavours of Continental coffees.
Perhaps the machine needs a good cleaning!
The lemon and pistachio cake was exceptional, moist, fresh and flavoursome.

Dear Paulo,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are so happy you got to try Fortunella and enjoyed what we had to offer. We are very sorry the coffee was not to your taste as we very much pride ourselves on serving great quality. I have informed the staff to take extra care when preparing coffees and maintaining the machines. Although I can assure you that those get cleaned daily.
We hope to see you back soon and hopefully your coffee will be more to your taste. Please feel free to inform the staff if you like stronger flavour for your coffee. :-)

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

You cannot go wrong here. Coffee is excellent. Food whether salads or breakfasts is guaranteed to be good quality, well presented and tasty. And the service is warm and friendly. Lovely to sit outside weather permitting.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank chrisf536

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. Much appreciated. It really makes our day to hear from a satisfied customer :-)))
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2019

Half way through our shopping, daughter and I needed a pick-me-up and spotted a table outside this lovely little cafe in Apple Market just out of the way of all the shoppers in the Main Street. We were joined by daughter's' partner who had been doing a bit of shopping himself evident by the amount of bags he was carrying! I had a real problem picking a single cake but plumped for the orange polenta cake which was beautifully moist; daughter had blueberry cake; and boyfriend had banana and blueberry cake - again luscious and moist. A lovely coffee and two pear and apple juices finished our order. We were served very quickly. The choice on the counter inside was amazing with little tiny cakes, healthy salads and some impressive looking sponges. A lovely place to sit in the sun and rest our tired feet. Lovely cakes but if I'd succumbed to another one, I wouldn't have got my shopping done!

Date of visit: April 2019

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this fabulous review. We are sooo happy you chose Fortunella for your little break in shopping. So glad you enjoyed your cakes and drinks. :-)
We hope to see you back soon.