“Good hotel great staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Good hotel great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Back for another visit, must be the 10 th time in 8 years.

They are obviously doing something right. Usually stay between one and four nights.

I have to come to Surbiton on business regularly and always try this hotel first.

Rooms clean, nice staff and good buffet breakfast to start the day.

I always stay in main part of the hotel as apposed to the garden rooms.

I like a room overlooking Beaufort road and do not find noise from the road bothers me at all.

Good selection of programmes on the television.

Will be back in two months

Room Tip: Personal preference.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
Manchester; England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Staying here is a gamble. They have nice big room and utter crap.

If you can afford the extra few pounds, and it is only a few pounds, then upgrade. Don't leave it to chance. I have and regretted it.

Don't think because you have stayed a few times and had nice room that you won't end up in a tiny room 10 by 6 feet the next time you stay, you could if they full.

This may explain why there is such a range of reviews.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SJones41
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear SJones41,

Thank you for your review, as all feeback is greatly valued.

Please accept my apologies that the room allocated for your recent stay, varied in size from those previous allocated, and did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that when you made your reservation, there were no double rooms available, due to the hotel being extremely busy, and that a room move could not be offered.

As a guest who stays with us on several occasions, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are ready to make your next booking, so that I can ensure you are allocated one of our larger superior rooms.

Travelers are raving about these Kingston upon Thames hotels

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great,
Service is great, respectful and welcoming. Food is done excellent and really nice. And everything is clean and nice.
The superios double room is what i booked and it was a really nice room over what i have expected, and orders to the room is really fast and they serve in very good timing even if its late or early morning. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank AliHassoun
West Malling, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Maybe I was unlucky with my stay which was ok apart from the potentially serious health and safety issues. The first night some of the bulbs weren't working in the main light. I asked for them to be fixed, on returning to my room I found I hasd no main light nor none in the bathroom. To cut a long story short, after several complaints and promises, the poor electrician brought in at 10 pm said he couldn't fix it that night so I need up with a standard lamp in the bathroom complete with trailing cable. This was fixed the following day, unlike the fire door which would not open with my swipe card, nor the replacement swipe card. So each morning I was effectively locked behind the fire door. My fourth complaint about it obviously had an effect as the day I was due to check out, the fire door was propped open so I didn't have to swipe through it! Not sure this is H&s compliant either.
Towels were thin and small, as were the pillows, not what I would have expected from the hotel,s website.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Daphne R
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Daphne R,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback is greatly valued.

Please accept my apologies for the issue you experienced with the fire door, and for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that it has been tested repeatedly using different cards, and it opens every time, and upon investigation no other reports of this nature have been received.

To allow access of movement, certain fire doors will remain open, however, these are fitted with a device which will automatically close the door, in the event of the fire alarm sounding, and meet with legal guidelines.

I am sorry that due to the hotel being full booked, a room move could not be offered, when you reported the electrical fault, and that as a part was required it was not possible to immediately rectify the issue. I understand that temporary lighting was provided, and that this was placed outside of the bathroom.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us on a future occasion, so that you can see that what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm. As such, please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can personally look after your reservation.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I need to visit the area and looked around at the usual hotels I then came upon the Antoinette Hotel and as others read the reviews, Everyone’s ideas are different yet I am always objective. The staff were very helpful to my needs asking if they could help, pointing me in the correct directions.
The room was comfortable and clean and had everything I needed, I did not get chance to eat there but as I will need to visit the area every other month I shall try the restaurant next time. So you can see I loved it so much I will be staying again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cholla1
Salisbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was due to stay at this hotel on Sunday 23rd of February. However upon realising that I would not make it to the hotel until 10pm or later I attempted to call the hotel to let them know so my room wouldn't be sold. I called the hotel 9 times between 7.58am and 5.17pm but not once was my call answered. Not wanting to take a chance I was forced to sleep on a mild acquaintances sofa. Then 2 days later the hotel still took £55 from my debit card so I called them to discuss the matter and the very unhelpful member of staffs 'shrugged shoulders' attitude made me quite glad I didn't stay but I am still furious they will not refund me as apparently "somebody should've answered the phone." Do not give these people money to be rude to you!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Thedeanbailey
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Thedeanbailey,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and for your observations regarding contacting the hotel.

I have personally checked the telephone system, and can confirm that when you call the reservations deparment out of hours, a recorded message advises you to dial '0', and your call is then directed to the reception department. I am sorry that you appear to have experienced an issue when you called, regarding your reservation, as this has never happened on a previous occasion.

All reservations that are made with the hotel, are not released, even in the event of a late arrival, as such your room was serviced, and could not be re-sold. A non-arrival charge in line with the confirmation you received, would have then been automatically applied on the following day.

I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced, and hope that you will choose to stay with us on a future occasion, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can personally look after your reservation.
Brixham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I used to live in the Kingston area so obviously hadn't stayed at the Hotel before although I had attended various meetings & functions in the past. Now we live in Devon and to be honest I booked the Hotel as it was the only one I knew in the area. What a lovely surprise. First of all I booked with bookings.com (really easy) but had to change dates due to dreadful weather. I made an error on their website & booked twice!! The advisor didn't hold out a lot of hope but said she'd try & cancel one booking with Hotel. She came back to me amazed & said she'd never met a more helpful Reservations Manager who promptly cancelled my original booking at no cost to me. According to her "Very rare"!
All the staff were so welcoming & greeted us very warmly. The room was large & clean and the breakfast wonderful but I can only reiterate it was the helpfulness & cheeriness of the staff that means we will not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family