“Functional but not a 'boutique' hotel”

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I did not like the woodchip wallpaper that is everywhere here and the hotel is made up of several terraced houses that have been knocked together. Everything is clean, functional and does its job but there are no extras or special touches. I think the rooms are value for money but the hotel is quite conscious not to give away anything extra that would make it great value for money. The decor is quite dated. The hotel in its room guide calls itself a 'boutique hotel'. It is definitely not this but it is clean, business-like and functional.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear LadyCruiseFan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback is greatly valued, as it helps us improve the services and facilities for all our guests.

I am pleased that you found the hotel value for money, and that it meet your requirements.

The Hotel Bosco is our 'boutique' hotel, and this is located within easy reach of Surbiton Station.

I hope very much that you will choose to stay with us again on a future occasion, and should you like to experience the facilities at Hotel Bosco, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, so that I can look after your reservation.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We held our daughters wedding reception here for both day and evening and everything was fantastic.From 1st contact to the actulal day it was brilliant.Many people commented on the food as to how good it was Many of our guests had travelled and stayed for 2 nights at the hotel and found the rates to be quite reasonable.All the staff were very good nothing was too much trouble. There is a large free secure car park which was an added bonus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Only stayed for one night,enjoyed the stay.The room was quite warm but had windows which opened wide enough to cool the room. Didn't try the restaurant but did have fish,chips and mushy peas in the bar which was fine. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We held our daughters Civil wedding at the Antoinette and had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly and helpful. We used the hotels florist for the floral decorations which perfectly complemented the wedding colour scheme. Everyone thought the food was excellent. We also used the hotels disco which was enjoyed by both young and old alike very pretty lights and not too loud! The staff ensured everything ran smoothly so we could all enjoy the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in the UK for a wedding and booked in at the Antoinette Hotel, well I must say it was the best choice we could have made. The staff were all fantastic so helpful and always had time for us.Large room and so very clean and very very warm.tea and coffee in the room and topped up every day.I must say it really made our holiday one to remember,would stay there again without a second thought and highly recommend the place.Also plenty of parking free, stayed in another hotel in Sussex and had to pay parking every day.

Room Tip: Room on the back nice and quiet.We stay in room 307.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed over the Christmas period at this hotel as we were visiting friends and family. We stayed in the annex building. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable - we had a double room. The standard was 3,5 out of 5. The bar area was good with friendly staff and a good bar menu. The only complaint I have is that information with regards to the kitchens opening times during Christmas was non-existent. This was very unfortunate for me as I took ill on Boxing Day and had to stay at the hotel for the whole day. In the afternoon I wanted to have a light snack or a sandwich but was told that this was not possible as the kitchen was closed.

I do understand that staff also need time of for Christmas but would have appreciated if this had been communicated to the hotels guests. Fortunately there was a pub nearby so I could have something to eat.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked this as a late wedding deal 9 weeks before the date. We got married on Saturday 30th March and I have to say the staff were the most helpful I have ever encountered anywhere. Everything that was requested was done in a timely manner. Nothing was too much trouble whether you were part of the bridal party or one of the guests. If you wanted something different to eat that wasn't part of the package, someone would change that for you. Even the DJ took requests and kept people on the dance floor the whole evening. We were given a complimentary room for the night of the wedding but I also booked it for the night before. A gorgeous huge suite which me and my helpers used to the max on the day. I cannot say enough how well organised this was. I would like to thank Rebecca and Lorraine for being such helpful calm wedding organisers. Also thanks to all the staff for making our wedding day just perfect. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. The rooms were clean and well maintained and my guests who stayed over also enjoyed the lovely breakfasts too! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple