“4' bed for 2 adults not acceptable”

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We have often stayed at the Antoinette as our daughter lives in Surbiton and have never had a problem before.However,last weekend we stayed in a very large double room with a very small double bed. We are not big adults by any means but had a very bad nights sleep . In the morning we measured the bed and found it was only 4' wide. As the hotel was by no means full we are totally baffled by this allocation of room.We spoke to reception and they moved us for the Saturday night but I spent all day Saturday with a bad head which spoiled our weekend.
We found all staff very polite and helpful and have no issues with any other aspect of the hotel
including the excellent breakfast.We will however be very careful about the type of bedroom we are allocated if we book with the Antoinette again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Dear jrb24
As the Guest Relations Manager, I am sorry to learn that on your most recent visit to the hotel, you experienced an issue with the size of the bed. All Superior Rooms have a double bed, and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, so that it can be investigated.
I am pleased that you were offered a room move, and enjoyed the excellent Full English Breakfast.
Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are visiting your daughter, so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, the last being in January 2012. I have had to attend several weekend seminars in Central London and could not afford the hotels near to the training venues. My son recommended the Antoinette. It takes approximately 25 minutes from Waterloo to Kingston or marginally quicker to Surbiton and about 15 minute walk from either station to the hotel. (Taxi available if you need it and bus from Surbiton goes very near hotel). The single accommodation I have stayed in is in a separate building across the well-kept gardens of the main hotel. It has very clean and tidy basic furniture which suits my needs, a flat screen TV, clean kettle and cups with complimentary tea and coffee. The bed is very comfortable with spotlessly clean linen and towels provided. The bathroom and shower cubicle were spotlessly clean and complimentary soap and shower gel is provided. It is very quiet (even in December when the hotel was hosting a disco) and I have only had one instance of inconsiderate guests which occurred on my latest stay. Why there is a need to bang doors and talk in loud voices at 3 am beats me. However this is not the fault of the hotel.

The hotel has its own car park, which is included in the price. All the staff I have encountered have been extremely helpful and courteous. On one occasion I had two heavy bags and the receptionist called a colleague to help me out to the car park without me having to ask first. There is a comfortable bar and restaurant which serves good food at, in my view, reasonable prices for a hotel.

In my view, this hotel is excellent value for money and very suitable for my purpose as a base for Central London. Hampton Court and Kew Gardens are near and this hotel would be an excellent base for a a weekend trip.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Dear Margaret28_12,
As the Guest Relations Manager it is nice to hear that you have stayed with us on several occasions, and that you feel that you receive excellent value for money from a hotel that is convenient for visiting London.

I will pass on your kind comments regarding the professional level of service you received, and am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back maybe for one of great value Weekend Breaks which include tickets to either Hampton Court or Kew Gardens.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We attended my brothers wedding and advised the £69 was inclusive of the wedding discount. We checked with the receptionist as breakfast was on our card and she advised open till 0930 but the card stated 10am for Sundays. We asked if this was inclusive and she again advised yes. The rooms were ok, basic but clean and the breakfast was nice but very greasy. When checking out, the receptionist had no idea if our discount was included and checked with manager who stated yes. We paid the £69 only to find out £86 had been taken from our credit card when we retruned home after the weekend. After several calls to complain, I am stil waiting for a call back from the manager. There are that many duty managers and litle staff that know what they are supposed to be doing, its no wonder the call has not come. I would strongly think twice about booking with this hotel as they are dishonest and the front desk have limited knowledge to help. On reading these reviews I see others have had money taken from their card without consent so maybe I should have read trip advisor in the first instance.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mirv69
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Mirv69

My name is Alison and I am the Guest Relations Manager for Antoinette Hotel Kingston. I would like to confirm that the price you paid as part of your brother’s wedding bedroom allocation was extremely preferential. Your confirmation, which we e-mailed you at the time of you making your reservation specified that your rate was room only. I apologise for any confusion that may have arisen when you discussed this with a member of the Reception team. I understand your brother’s wedding was a great success and we have already received many positive comments for the event and other guests that stayed with us. The total which was debited from your card, was the amount owing for the room plus two breakfasts, and after checking the credit card receipt this was charged at time of departure and authorised by yourself using your personal pin number. I appreciate your concern regarding the one review made by a previous guest, and would like to assure you that the hotel deals with thousands of transactions on a weekly basis, and on this occasion we made a simple human error which was put right immediately.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Our double room was very small and really could have done with some updating. Staff were friendly and hotel was clean. Large free car park.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 9arms,
I am pleased that you found the team at Antoinette Kingston friendly, the housekeeping to a high standard, and enjoyed the benefits of complimentary secure car parking.
Thank you for observations regarding your room, which will be acted on as part of our current
re-furbishment programme.
I look forward to welcoming you back into one of our spacious Superior Rooms with private balcony.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Spacious rooms comfy beds and clean nice bar food breakfast ok but music at breakfast time needs updating makes me want to finish quick and get out

• Stayed: January 2012
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Firky,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the Superior room to be spacious, and cleaned to a high standard. Our beds are purchased from Hypnos the only company to provide beds to the Royal Household, in order to ensure our guests receive a great nights sleep. Your comments regarding the music at breakfast have been acted on, as our Full English and Continental Breakfast offering a great selection of hot and cold dishes, should be fully appreciated and not rushed.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed one night at the Antoinette Hotel as wedding guests of a wedding hosted by the hotel. Accomodation in the garden annexe was standard accomodation and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was good; buffet style; help yourself (full English, or continental). Check out took a while due to 70 guests checking out with one reception staff on hand.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear RobParker,
Thank you for feedback and taking the time to post a review.
I am pleased that you found the accommodation comfortable and enjoyed our great value Full English and Continental Breakfast Buffet. I apologise for the wait you experienced when checking-out of the hotel, please be assured that normally there are always two members of the Reception team on duty, but that morning one was unable to report for work at short notice thus not enabling us to find cover.
I hope that you enjoyed the Wedding Reception, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights whilst visiting the Kew area. The room we had was excellent: the staff was efficient and the service very good. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Dear 0707David,
Thank you for your very positive review, which clearly reflects the great stay you had at Antoinette Kingston.
Looking forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back, maybe for a great value Weekend Break.