“Absolutely delightful ”

Queens Head Kingston
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: With beautiful boutique bedrooms and stylish bars both inside and out, the Queen’s Head pub in Kingston is a place to dine, drink, stay and celebrate in style. Visit our new boutique bedrooms with their sumptuous super-sized beds.
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Quite possibly the best pub / hotel I’ve visited - decor was quirky and beautiful, rooms were comfy and inviting. Service was second to none and menu/atmosphere couldn’t be faulted. Loved it!

Date of visit: March 2019
queensheadkingston, Manager at Queens Head Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Morning Shadygangster,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2019

This is a local restaurant for us and very popular. I chose the mussels and my husband had the pizza special with the glass of wine. The service was excellent throughout.

Good Morning Elizabeth B,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and that the service was excellent. I will pass this on to our wonderful team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

We went to Queens Head for dinner as an early Mother’s Day treat a family member. We were 3 adults & 3 children. The pub was beautifully renovated & decorated. The staff were friendly enough but the food was disappointing. I ordered Mussels as a main meal which costs £15 & I was shocked at how few mussels there were on my plate to the point that I counted them!!! There were 25 very dry mussels and 3 of them weren’t open. I was left so hungry I had to order some foccacia, which they didn’t charge me for as they asked me if everything was ok and I told them what I thought of their £15 mussels. 2 of the kids ordered kids burgers and they were left hungry too. Their burgers were the smallest I’ve ever seen. The kind of burgers you’d have as finger food at a function. That was £5 from the kids menu and anything else had to be ordered separately such as kids drink or pudding! Such a shame as we’re locals and we would have liked to go back.

Good Morning Yossi C,

Many thanks for your review and sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you. We are so sorry that the food did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have looked into this and we have taken this feedback on board.

We do hope that you give us another chance to prove how great our food is and we can only apologise that on this occasion you were let down.

Reviewed March 9, 2019

Our room was beautiful and huge! Bathroom was lovely. Staff were very helpful and attentive especially our breakfast server. Breakfast was very tasty and the quality of the sausages, bacon and black pudding was obvious.
Bed was very, very large and comfortable. The coffee machine and the Bose speaker were great little touches. I will be back again for certain.

Good Afternoon stephen0g,

Many thanks for your kind review and apologise for the delayed response. We are so happy that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit. We have passed your amazing feedback on the breakfast to our wonderful chefs. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

I am often skeptical about Sunday lunches in pubs but last Sunday's lunch at the Queens has proved me wrong, I could not fault it. From the quality and quantity of the meat to the vegetables everything was spot on. 3 of us had the roast beef and 2 had the fish and chips and everyone was happy.

The food combined with the service and atmosphere made for a very good day - I highly recommend. Well done to everyone there

Date of visit: February 2019
queensheadkingston, Manager at Queens Head Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Hi O995QMbent,

Thank you for your glowing review! We really appreciate it and hope to see you again soon :)

Diana