See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2018

For a work trip had the choice of the Hilton Doubletree or The Foresters Arms. I'm so glad I chose this place.
Jayne spotted me as soon as I walked in the pub with my rucksack and said hello, showed me the room and made sure I had everything I needed. I chose to have dinner there the first night and it was excellent and reasonably priced for London too (10% off for guests). The rooms are just like the photos, dark but cosy and the black blinds did a great job at cutting out the bright sun of 7am. Whilst I've seen (rarely) carpet on the walls, I'd never seen astroturf on the ceiling. The bed was very comfy too. My room was directly over the bar and I could just about hear the music until closing time, quiet enough not to disturb and I happened to like what was playing enough I'd be happy for the same room again.
The 2nd night I also went for dinner in the restaurant and Tom looked after me just as attentively as Jaynie, the service in the restaurant and for the rooms really was uncommonly good.
The shower was small but the water was plentiful and warm, enough I had to turn the flow down.
The rooms are served by their own door and although there's no separate reception it was great to be able to come and go freely.
My personal recommendations for the restaurant: one of the beers they serve ('Naked Ladies, I forget the brewer) and the cheese board I had for desert (which I gather changes frequently).

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere for a cosy drink. We had lunch here Food is good and reasonably priced for lunch.
Always plays good music and staff are really friendly.
Rooms available although we gave never stayed as we live near by but the photos of the rooms look lovely.

Date of stay: February 2018