“Fusion Korean and Japanese Food”
Review of Mino - CLOSED

Mino
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I ate here twice and enjoyed both meals. I had vegetarian bibimbap (named differently I think) the first time and then salmon teriyaki bento the next. The salmon was nicely cooked in teriyaki sauce. The salad that went with it was also nice.

The ambience was just OK. Service was a little slow but it's really worth the wait,

There are newer reviews for Mino

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant last Monday and it was such a lovely experience. The food was gorgeous and was served quickly. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. My friend and I had a really great time. It was the perfect place for friends to meet, have some great food in a unique atmosphere. I have recently moved to the Kingston area and am so happy I've finally found some decent sushi! And they deliver! Fantastic!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Walking past Mino there may be little to entice you inside. The windows display A4 pieces of paper looking as though they have been knocked off someone's printer at home, advertising 50% off curries on certain weekdays. We visited early evening on a Sunday, which might have explained why the restaurant was empty, although I am yet to see the place bustling and over-crowded. Which is a shame since the food at Mino is really rather good. The artificial cherry blossom trees inside are an interesting adornment to the restaurant; perhaps slightly tacky but they create a very pleasant, other worldly atmosphere and look quite pretty.

The agadashi tofu starter did not look at all like the picture in the menu but was superb - fried with a light coating of batter, soft in the centre and delicious. We ordered a variety of dishes which were all nice, however, I would agree with other reviewers who have commented that the portions are very small. We did not order any rice but this would probably have been advisable to fill us up. Towards the end of our meal I felt that the service suffered; we had to request the dessert menu from the waitress, despite some time having passed since our dinner things were cleared. I had to seek her out as she did not come to the table. When we wanted to pay the bill it was also difficult to get her attention, although I believe she was the only waitress on duty that night and was having to deal with the three tables concurrently.

1  Thank Mrs_D_in_KT
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent food and friendly staff. If you want to have a proper sushi - Mino is a right place to go!!! Enjoyned our dinner today!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had lunch and enjoyed four types of sushi. They are prepared fresh upon order and the fish was fresh and sweet and delightful. Our bill with non-alcoholic beverages with the four varieties of sushi came to 27 pounds. Try the cheesy duo, the London London or the double shrimp. The prices are fair for the quality we received and the service was great. The decor is charming and in addition, it is close to the farmers market.