“Amazing stories from the owner”
Review of Chez Lalee

Chez Lalee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2019

I was walking around the riverside and saw a little alley. As I was passing though I noticed a small mexican restaurant.

I'm very happy I decided to go in.

Lovely, authentic atmosphere, tasty food (on the pricier side), and the friendliest, kindest owner ever.

He shared some amazing stories of the restaurant's history and how it came to be.

A hidden gem of the area in my opinion.

I went right when they opened, so they weren't as prepared to have customers I think, so I will definitely try to go back on a night out.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed April 24, 2019

Lovely staff and tasty food. Will definitely visit again. We had a lovely dinner. The dessert took more time to be served but was worth it.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Went to Kingston to eat on a whim this evening. Remembered seeing this place when a bit lost one day so wanted to try. Had no idea what to expect. It is cute as can be inside, tiny and inviting. Was really hoping the food would be ok as I liked the restaurant. NOT disappointed! The nachos were light, the tortilla soft and floury, filling flavours fresh and delicious. Sublime. My mouth still enjoying the fading flavours as I write. Between us we ordered beef tacos, chicken burrito and beef chimichanga. All very happy customers- not sure what that spiced stuff on the nachos was, but was amazing! We’ll be back for sure. One negative - agree with previous reviewer, wine prices too high.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2018

We've been to Chez Lalee quite a few times since it's opened in Kingston, so last Sunday we decided to visit again. I'm sorry to say this but the prices have gone up a lot - a main course at £15 and a small glass of wine (125 ml) at £5.10 is quite steep in my opinion. Especially knowing that Kingston has plenty of restaurants to choose from where prices are much more reasonable. The food is still as yummy as ever but I'm afraid that we will not be coming back any soon - only because of the prices.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 12, 2018

This was the first time we'd visited Chez Lalee and it certainly won't be the last! Our meal was delicious, full of flavour and the staff were so friendly and welcoming. If you're looking for great Mexican food in Kingston, I'd highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: December 2018