“Colourful Latin Experience”

Las Iguanas - Kingston
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, Central American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Las Iguanas Kingston is a beautiful, light and airy space with a relaxed bar area for lounging, a buzzing restaurant and a private dining space discreetly separated from the main room with Brazilian inspired open metal screens, perfect for parties and larger groups.
England
“Colourful Latin Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I loved the vibrant restaurant!!! I am a huge Mexican food fan so I wanted to try a different Latin palette.. I have a dislike for coriander and after asking for advise from the server I was left with very little choice so I decided to chance it and just order what I liked the sound of. Had the 'Brazilian' Pollo Caruru which was fiery! And would compare it to a green Thai curry! My Brazilian friend whom I was dining with advised me however that Brazilian food was not generally that spicy! However it was delicious and the rice with coriander? Luckily was not peppered with the leaf and was a perfect accompaniment!

This was a lunch occasion and they had a happy hour on some cocktails & juices which was brilliant... The caipirinha was perfect to my taste with plenty of ice and lime

Shared the churros which was quite moorish with the amazing dulce de leche sauce!

Will be back to further my Latin cravings!

Visited October 2013

London
“First visit as looked popular restaurant, turned out to be understaffed, slow service and really noisy ...shame as food was deli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

After a lovely day out for my boyfriend's birthday decided to have a meal here as looked really lively and the menu looked interesting.
Greeted by a smiley waitress saying "sorry the restaurant is too busy for the staff to cope but if you sit in the bar area we are quiet so will serve you straight away though." We were really hungry so stayed but really should have realised the alarm bells at that point... Cocktails came quickly but tasted horrible - asked waitress to taste. & she agreed, she sent them back to be remade - better but no apology or explanation. Ordered two main courses & a side salad to share. Waited around 45 minutes and finally one main course arrived on its own, advising the other one would be there soon... We asked if they could keep the meal hot whilst we waited for the other one but advised no need as would be just a few minutes...so I encouraged my boyfriend to start as it would get cold. We chased the other dish several times but by the time it came my boyfriend had nearly finished his meal. The food was very tasty though I had the burrito with shredded beef. & onion which was delicious and my boyfriend enjoyed his veggie enchilada with curly fries & salad sides. Shame the kitchen service was slow and the waitress didn't forewarn about this neither explain or apologise. Needs a good maître d' to sort this out. Not sure if many would return if this is normal service!

• Visited August 2013
Staines, United Kingdom
“Not the best of experiences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

You would think that this place should be buzzing with atmosphere but I found it a little flat. It wasn't helped by the surly service of the bar staff when we arrived (we were a large group). They were uncommunicative, bordering on unfriendly. We did mention it to a more senior person who encouraged us to 'report it'. When we were seated, it was announced that there was no steak - on a Friday night, they had run out of a key menu item? And this was what I wanted. Instead I went for the Chilli Con Carne which was ok but certainly nothing special. Where we were sat wasn't helped by the fact that the huge stack of baby chairs restricted the movement of the two of us at the end of the table. I won't be returning: apart from the waiter who tried his best to be jovial, the other staff let down what should have been a fun Friday night.

• Visited September 2013
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Kingston, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. You're right that a visit to Las Iguanas should be all about great food, great service and great atmosphere! I would like to ask our area manager to give you a ring to find out a little more detail. Would you mind dropping me a line to lucy@iguanas.co.uk with a contact number, your name and your Trip Advisor ID? Many thanks, Lucy- Las Iguanas
Thames Ditton, Surrey
“Third visit, great experience again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I love Mexican and Latin American food and have long despaired about ever having a decent restaurant on our doorstep. A few have come and gone after failing to deliver consistently so we treated Las Iguanas with some scepticism initially.
Our first meal was fab, after our second trip we were pleasantly surprised to see they were able to repeat the experience. On our third visit things were equally as good.
Service was possibly just a tad slower but this was a Friday night and quite busy so not a great surprise and certainly not a major problem.
So far everything off the menu has been great, from the typical Mexican restaurant staples like fajitas and chimichangas to the broader latin american dishes. Our favourite things - happy hour cocktails, taco sharing tray starter, The Extraordinary Xinxim (Brazilian lime chicken curry), and Henrique Rapadura (Latin Lamb).
Will definitely be back again, this is currently our second favourite local restaurant after Joy Indian Cuisine in Surbiton.

• Visited August 2013
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Good - but slightly pricey for Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Generally good food

Good service

Good cider!! (they do Savana)

But, a little pricey. However, was a good laugh with a few mates - would go again but would expect them to do Tacos! Was so disappointed that they didnt!

• Visited April 2013