“The White Hart Hotel”

The White Hart Hotel
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We wanted to stay somewhere close to Hampton where we were going to a surprise birthday party - checked the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book The White Hart for a two night stay. This is a lovely hotel, with very helpful friendly staff. Great room, comfy bed and soft pillows. Fantastic hearty breakfasts. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

It is great to see the tripadvisor community coming together to assist people in their hotel choices. I note that not only did you select our hotel based on previous reviews but have then also taken the time to share your experience aswell. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I hope you deicde to stay with us again.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for The White Hart Hotel

Reviewed March 14, 2014

good position, close to train station and Kingston town center, friendly, smiling and helpful staff, clean and functional rooms, good breakfast. shower could have been a little more powerful and bed was too soft for me. Probably wouldn't have paid the inflated "rugby" room price myself but was on a freebie anyway so can't really complain about anything.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on a busy road so maybe a room at the back facing the car park would be a good choi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear reviewer, the locatin here seems to be a regular plus point and I am glad to see that you also found this suitable for you when visiting the stadium. Beds are a tricky one, what is too hard for some is too soft for others, however should you wish to contact me direct I would like to know which room you stayed in so that I can assess the mattress and ensure the comfort of our rooms.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for the recent England v Wales rugby game.
ideal location and easy to find , traffic to and from the midlands was bad in the surrounding areas but once parked up the train station is a short walk on the main line to Twickenham and central London.
Staff really friendly rooms ok, room rate on international games is v high but its the same in surrounding areas.
Great breakfast selection.
Worth another visit to take in surrounding area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

........Sweet Chariot...... Great to hear that you enjoyed both your stay with us and the rugby match. Sorry hear there was some traffic on the way in but it is good to read that you found the transport links to and from the stadium nice and easy. I hope you manage to see some more of the local sights such as Hampton Court Palace next time you visit.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

i put an average review on back in November about this hotel where we have stayed several times - well what can I say other than a first class response.
Personal email received from hotel manager Mr Kerr who had fully investigated the points I had raised and offering us a complimentary return stay.
Trip Adviser wouldn't let me update my original review for three months so I felt it right to diarise and say a big thank you -real personal service and a Manager who cares

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for following up your original review with an update based on your return stay. We take all feedback extrememly seriously whether it is positive or negetive and only seek to improve. I am delighted that we managed to restore your faith in the hotel and can only repeat my appreciation of the fact that you have returned to tripadvisor and made this clear. I hope to thank you in person next time you stay at the hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We made an error with our booking which meant that we turned up on the wrong day and the hotel was fully booked!

Carrie-Ann was absolutely brilliant at handling the situation and found us alternative accommodation locally. She diffused a situation which was potentially going to cause me huge embarrassment and a night sleeping in the car!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear reviewer. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience regardless of the fact that you did not actually manage to stay with us. It appears your experience of our customer service was of a standard so high that you wshed to share it. On behalf of the hotel and Carianne, let me thank you once again. I hope that next time you are able to experience all we have to offer here at the hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We are going to the white hart for Sunday roast with my family and its like usual Sundays also the homemade Yorkshire pudding so delicious :) and I love to seat by the fire place :) and also homemade beers are great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

We cannot ask any more than to see when people "love it" at the white hart. The homemade Yorkshire puddings always get people talking and the beer, although not technically brewed on site, is created just 6 miles away by our company Fullers. I love reading all your positive points regarding your visit and I hope to see you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The White Hart Hotel is a short ride from Hampton Court and a tribute to those who lived there. After parking in the secure car park we walked into the reception/lounge area where an open fire blazed brightly and was soon booked into the Catherine Parr Suite which consisted of a Hallway, Sitting area, Bedroom and large Bathroom that included a Bath and Shower. Large Screen TV's were set in the Bedroom and Sitting area and a full complement of Tea and Coffee making facilities, along with a fridge were available for the tenants. The four post Bed was extremely comfortable although not specifically large but the whole feel of the suite was like ‘home sweet home’.

We did not have dinner in the Restaurant but we did tryout the Desert menu with a Chocolate Brownie and Apple & Raspberry Crumble which were delicious.

Breakfast didn't quite make the dizzy heights of the deserts but the cooked food was cooked to order and tasty although the Baked Beans were separately served in a pot and not very hot. Good choice of foods and an extremely professional service still made this an extremely pleasant meal.

We were invited back to the White Hart because a few weeks previous, we had to transfer to an alternative Hotel after plumbing problems at the Hotel, but all credit to the Manager and staff after ensuring we were not out of pocket and provided us with an excellent service and a lovely Hotel......Many Thanks!

Location: 5
Presentation: 5
Bed comfort: 5
Bathroom facilities: 4
Cleanliness: 4
Soundproofing: 4
Food: 4

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear reviewer, I am delighted that you took the opportunity to stay at the hotel after we unable to accommodate for your original stay. I am even happier to read that you felt that this was an enjoyable visit. The Catherine Parr suite is always popular and it seems that it hit the right notes with yourselves also.

I sincerley hope to welcome you both back to the hotel in the future.