“Brave Hart”

The White Hart Hotel
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Brave Hart”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, well done to us(office Christmas Lunch) for choosing this venue. We had chosen our menu in advance and set off walking , well the keen ons, and arrive to see approximately 24 covers laid for our party. A warm surroundings and a fire burning in the fire place was a cosy touch.
We were all glad to see they were ready for us and the starters were wonderful, we all commented on the quality and presentation. As it was Christmas the had the usual turkey lunch , roast beef, fish and Ox cheeks for the those not wishing for turkey.
Every serving was large, hot and tasty and dished up all together so we all just ate together.
I wish I had chosen the beef or the turkey or the fish but chose the Ox....it was amazing and we were spoilt for choice.
I will go back soon and take a partner as I have been told from other friends that the food is " great there"

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello Robin, thank you for your review for your office Christmas party. I’m really pleased you enjoyed the food as it’s something we’re very proud of. I noticed you are looking to visit the hotel on a personal basis, please do get in touch if I can be of any help.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards
Chris Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sayama, Japan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed a couple of times in the White Hart Hotel, both times with family. The hotel is very accommodating to special requests, such as adding a bed to make a room a triple, my grandmother's wheelchair, and odd checking in/out hours. The staff have been friendly and helpful and willing to assist with any issues. The location is within easy walking distance of Kingston Upon Thames, and Hampton Court is just a short bus ride away. Also a single bus ride away is Heathrow, making this hotel very convenient for international travel and longer layovers.

The breakfast is good value, and the attached restaurant/bar is quite nice. There is no noise from the pub are in the hotel section, either, and in fact, this is one of the quieter hotels I've stayed at in Britain.

We are regular visitors to Kingston, and we will definitely stay at the White Hart Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, a business can only be as good as the staff within it and therefore I am delighted you found the team to be helpful and friendly. I am equally glad that you found the location convenient for your needs and I look forward to seeing you on a future stay.

Warm regards
Bristol
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last year. It is good for visiting Hampton Court & Twickenham. It has a handy car park.

We have stayed in a suite - which was massive & really well equipped & a standard room which was perfectly satisfactory.

We had a good simple meal in the bar one night. Breakfast is good but be aware on a Sunday morning the breakfast area sometimes struggles to accomodate the number of guests who want to eat at the same time - 9.30am is particularly busy

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi there. I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us on more than on occasion and it is also great to hear that you have sampled not only our standard rooms but also one of the recently rennovated suite bedrooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

A good tip regarding the breakfast on Sunday, the earlier you can come down, the more relaxed your breakfast can be.

With regards,

London
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was very happy with our stay at the White Hart in Kingston Upon Thames - the rooms were clean and reasonably sized, the price was reasonable, staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel had its own car park, wi-fi was included. Our stay included breakfast which was good, absolutely fine for our needs.

Although the White Hart is an old pub the hotel section at the back seems new and modern. Added to this the location is excellent for getting into Kingston as it is just a short walk across Kingston Bridge.

If I was going to stay in this area I would definitely stay at the White Hart again.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that all guests will walk past so they might be more noisy but we didn't s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Woking
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked this Hotel as we were to attend a function at Hampton Court Palace and location-wise, this hotel was perfect for us. A very good position for visiting Kingston too. The hotel has an olde-world charm about it but also a modern well-presented functional hotel for todays travellers.

Excellent overall with a very good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited our son Matty at Kingston Uni, on our way back from Hampton Court we passed the White Hart and so glad we called in for a bite to eat.

First reaction when we walked in was the ambauance and warm greeting, we were just visiting to have a drink. While at the bar i looked around at the dinners tucking into some great looking grub. I passed this on to the wife and Matty, which i said i am ready to eat. As you can imagine Matty didnt wait to be asked twice. The White Hart had a couple of Christmas do`s on, i asked the waiter, who quickly found our party a table. From this point was a sheer delight to be eating, the service was the best i have ever known, the waiters / waitress were very knowladgable about the menu. I orderd the Beef burger (Having seen a number of dinners, having the Burger), which came with salad, relish and a "Bucket" of chips. I have never tasted anything as gooood mmm. The wife orderd Cod, minted peas, with a "Bucket" of chips, which was well enjoyed, Matty had the Smoked Salmon sandwich, chips, which came with a mug of soup. Matty commented thats the best Salmon he had ever tasted.

I would recomend the White Hart for a great place to eat, great food, great pleasant service. I was stunned at the final price of £36.00 for 3 meals, 1 pint of guiness and 4 cups of tea. I never tip when i eat, i broke my rule due to the service and left a tip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Preston, Lancashire
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We travelled as a group (4 couples) - small but convinently located - a quick walk over the bridge into Kingston centre and shopping heaven!
Check-in was swift and the bar staff were very friendly and polite. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a reasonably sized double bedroom, however only 1 chair. Nicely decorated and good selection of TV channels as well as tea/coffee & a nice bath to soak in after a day's shopping.
The rooom was warm with air conditioning unit as an option but was a little noisy.
We ate in the bar on Saturday evening and the food was excellent - the burger is a challenge but very tasty and good value for a £10. Good range of breakfast options depending on how hungry you are but again the staff were very attentive and saw to your every need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Warren House
Warren House
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel
Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel
#6 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The Lion Gate Mews​
The Lion Gate Mews​
#1 of 1 in East Molesey

Been to The White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!