“LOVE Montys”

Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After 25 years of eating curry at Montys in Ealing and Kingston we would still never go anywhere else. Whenever we do we are always disappointed and return to Montys. Excellent tasty fresh Nepalese food, friendly attentive service....just the best

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I ate here as part of a group of 12. Service was very good and the staff dealt with us well with none of the edge that sometimes happens when a crowd of friends are more intent on the socialising than ordering. We ordered three large rice, two tupes of bread and nine main dishes between us and there was ample food. And what food! A friend visiting from Delhi rated the daal very highly and the Nepali dishes we ordered had both subtlety and depth of flavour. they were much more interesting than standard curry house fare.

We drank a mix or lagers, lassis and soft drinks and most people had a couple each. With tip it came to GBP17 a head which we all thought was stonkingly good value. This place is worth visiting,

2  Thank NCPG
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I saw this restaurant had a good rating and thought a friend and myself would try it. Although the food was fine the service was indifferent and getting drinks etc was an effort which ruined the meal. I can't say much else really but to me ease of getting served is vital because I was eating a meal without a drink which is not great with curry!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

As with the previous reviewer, I too have lived in Kingston for many years and due to the slightly unsuspecting exterior of Montys, had somehow never been in. Can't believe how many meals I've missed out on! The interior has fairly classy modern eastern decor. The whole restaurant (including the toilets!) is incredibly clean. Service is very attentive too.
We tried a variety of starters which were all good (recommend the duck!), and the vindaloo is nice and hot as a mains. Nothing bad to say at all (which is why I'm bothering to write a nice review to spread the word..).
Definitely going back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I feel like a fool. I have lived in the area for 20+ years and have a long term love affair with Indian food yet I have managed to overlook Monty's until last week. The menu looks very comprehensive and what we chose was delicious and nicely turned out. The food is as far from the normal "high street curry" as you can get. You can taste every spice and the heat of each dish is carefully calibrated to draw out the other flavours. Service is smart and efficient and, whilst the decor is a bit bright, it is clean and inoffensive. Don't waste time reading other reviews. If you like really good food get yourself there now.

1  Thank Staybound