“Fantastic Christmas”

Riverside Vegetaria
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Phone 02085467992
Chessington, Surrey
“Fantastic Christmas”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went for Christmas day to avoid cooking at home and had a superb time. One sitting only, so no rush. Very busy, although a bit cramped the atmosphere was relaxed and service was great.

A very good selection of different veggie food and i will be returning.

The restaurant is right on the banks of the river Thames with very good views and is close to the Rose theatre and they do a pre-theatre menu.

I will be returning at some point as i had a lovely afternoon being waited on.

• Visited December 2011

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Interesting Veggie Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always make an effort to visit this restaurant on my travels. The menu has interesting veggie food and is always freshly prepared. The owner hasn't changed in years and the staff are very friendly and attentive. The place is small but that adds to the appeal. It is not a chain and does what it does (vegetarian food) very well. I have tried most dishes and would be unable to recommend one above the other. A great location beside the river too.

• Visited June 2012
Woking, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Little Vegetarian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

As a proud meat eater, my vegetarian girlfriend brought this place to my attention a few years ago with a bit of hesitation from me. Especially as there is a La Tasca a further down the road...

All I can say, the choice you get from the menu and the specials board is vast and interesting and nut roast with mushroom sauce is particularly good! When it's sunny eating outside by the river is a wonderful, relaxing experience. Nowadays, everytime we come to Kingston we always eat there - without fail.

The toilets could do with a revamp though.

• Visited June 2012
Surrey
“Decent food but poor atmosphere and service”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant and so tables are actually touching each other which makes private conversation impossible but we were fine with that. The waitress pointed out a table for us and then brought the menu but made no mention of the specials board which was behind me. The standard menu is uninspiring but the blackboard menu was much more interesting - thank you to the other diners who pointed it out.

We were only offered a drink when we asked for more time to read the menu and when I later requested a second drink from the owner it was obvious I was asking for too much!

The food was tasty and the portions generous but the lack of service really let this place down.

• Visited May 2012
“Lovely food and value but very 'cosy'”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I really liked the huge choice of dishes and drinks at this resturant. As a veggie I find it difficult to find dishes that are really different from boring old mushroom risotto but here there is much more choice for all. I took my parents who are not vegetarian but they really enjoyed it and have since been back with friends. The food tasted fresh and the service was good too- one waiter helped my Dad to choose. Would recommend to many people who want good healthy food.

• Visited September 2011