“Watch the world go by”
Review of The Bishop

The Bishop
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sitting on the banks of the River Thames, we've got an amazing view of Kingston Bridge, especially from our beautiful River Room Bar upstairs, which can accomodate your next party, gathering or corporate do. Our stunning riverside terrace is the perfect place for a spot of people watching, whether they be on land or by boat! In the Summer Months you can't beat a refreshing beverage on the banks of the Thames, the nearest thing to a beach for miles. In the bracing Winter, we've got blankets to wrap up in & warm drinks to keep you toasty! We serve food all day - pub classics, bar snacks and seasonal. Check out our great range of ales, ciders, wines and spirits. We look forward to welcoming you to The Bishop soon! Kitchen opening hours: Monday-Thursday 11:00-21:00 Friday-Saturday 10:00-22:00 Sunday 10:00-20:30
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went to the newly decorated Bishop. Booked a table for upstairs, very pretty with lovely views over the river on a sunny day. Downstairs very busy and the windows pulled back to make the most of a glorious day. Had to wait ages - nearly an hour, for our meal. The waiter was very helpful and offered free drinks. Later arrivees were informed of the delay. Had we known, we would have gone elsewhere. The food was very nicely presented and tasted good. Perhaps more veggie options, the fish had bacon with it, would have been good. They said they were having teething problems, but extra staff on a busy weekend would have been sensible.

1  Thank frimz10

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Visited last night to check out the new look and LOVE IT! This is one of my favourite view in Kingston anyway, so that's a great bonus. The pub has now got a great "marine" feel to it with different shades of blue, panelled walls and bleached wood floors. We commented that it would feel very at home in Cornwall. Also delighted to see that it retained the family-friendly booths. Only had a quick drink, but will be back to check out the food soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely riverside location HOWEVER, the service was the worst we have ever had anywhere. It took over an hour and half for the food to turn up (we expected about 45 mins) as it was sunny and busy. The waitress was incompetent and didn't know what she was doing. She kept going to check timings and never came back! Avoid unless you want to wait forever to get your food. Real shame.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went for a quick Sunday lunchtime snack. We sat down on an uncleared table, cleared the old cups to another uncleared table and waited to be served. After about 5 minutes a waiter brought a menu (yes, a menu.. apparently we were to share it). After about another 10 minutes I caught his eye as he was eventually clearing the table that we had moved the old cups to, and told him that we were ready to order when he was ready to take our order. He replied that they did not take orders and that we had to order from the bar. There was no sign, nor anything on the menu saying to order from the bar. I waited to be served by the only person at the bar, while other members of staff made themselves look busy! I explained to the server behind the bar that there were no signs to say that you needed to order from the bar and she agreed and said something like head office had asked them to take them down! I ordered the bangers and creamed mash and the chicken supreme with creamed mash. After about another 30 minutes I went to ask at the bar where our food was. There was such a long queue that I looked for another member of staff and then saw our food coming out. The girl carrying said something like "it's coming now" to which I replied it had taken 30 minutes from ordering. As soon as I started eating I realised the "creamed mash" was just lumps of potato squashed together. My girlfriend found the same with her "creamed mash" and one lump was probably the original size of the potato. The waiter came to ask if our food was OK and I explained that having waited so long it was disappointing that the food was not a described on the menu. He said that they could get the kitchen to make it again. Remember this was supposed to be a quick meal out, so I responded that we would not be prepared to wait and that if they were unable to mash potato the first time around I suspected that a 5 year old could do better. I said that they should think of some other remedy and he went away to speak to his supervisor. He appeared a couple of minutes later with some cash and explained that they wished to give us our money back for the meals and asked if that was OK. I said I was happy, but I was disappointed that our lunch had been spoiled and that once we complained that no-one more senior came to deal with the complaint. There are other places to eat nearby, go to them and not this place. Service slow, they are unable to mash potato and the manager is not prepared to apologise in person when things go wrong.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had a quiet drink and meal here. Surprised at how quiet the place was, but building work outside makes access look impossible!...no doubt this will soon be cleared up. The wine was sensibly priced, and the food was tasty. Plenty of staff about, but very few customers! A good selection of comfy sofas and more formal dining areas. The pub is on the bank of the Thames a few yards from Kingston bridge, and close to the shopping centre. This is a modern pub and is made by the location.