“First visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Woking
“First visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We finally were able to get a booking for Jamie's in Kingston. Previously being unable to book and having to queue made it impossible for my other half with dodgy knees and unable to stand for too long. So, yippee, able to book. I booked several days ahead as the day or day before we decided to go was already taking no more bookings. We arrived on time to a nice buzzing atmosphere, organised busy servers and people being turned away at the door as, guess what? fully booked.
My problem when being shown to our table one end of the restaurant was the glitter mirror ball that moved with the air conditions casting little moving reflections on the table and surrounding area where our table was. Oh boy! did I feel seasick? It was a bizarre feeling and one I could not overcome no matter how hard I tried. No problem,feeling somewhat stupid, the lovely girls moved us to the other end! Great! Nice bustling atmosphere, enjoyable good sized portionsSo had two starters. Not too expensive. Lovely server called Helen, chatty, friendly and efficient. Will go again and ask for the other end of the restaurant!

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a brilliant lunch at Jamie's in September. I have an allergy, and the waitress and chef were extremely helpful in making sure that I had a brilliant meal with no problems. I had the squid ink pasta with scallops - something I have never tried before, my partner had a prawn linguinne, all washed down with some very good house red. The meal was cooked to order and was really, really good. The waitress was most attentive and just couldn't do enough for us. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Amathos
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Noisy and cramped. Food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My first - and probably my last - visit to Jamie's.

The main room is quite large and the management have crammed in as many tables as possible - so getting to or from your seat is a bit of an obstacle race. Then they have added pop music with a persistent beat, so that when the place is busy (as it was for our visit) the noise made by diners raising their voices to be heard over the music gets uncomfortably loud. This is not an ambiance that I associate with a relaxed and pleasant meal.

Service was reasonably quick, attentive, and friendly - but failed the acid test of professionalism in that the waiters did not know who had ordered what.

As to the food, slow-cooked belly of pork was available as a special. I debated with myself about having it as this dish is a challenge to any kitchen. In the event the meat was cooked well, with a nice thin crust of crackling, but the dish was spoilt by a herb stuffing that was far too salty - and I cannot believe that anyone had tasted it before letting it leave the kitchen. My friends all had pasta, which they said was quite good. Best dish was a starter of little sweet peppers stuffed with herbs.

Prices for all the dishes were a pound or two higher that I would have expected for the quality and quantity of food on offer; and I can only attribute this to the fact that the restaurant carries the name of a "celebrity" chef - whereas basically it is just another OK chain.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WardenRon
“Worth a go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

First time. Unfortunately we were late and our table had been given away (quite rightly so) but the staff did their best to accommodate us. The service was impeccable and very attentive. The atmosphere at times was a little noisy and I had to move my chair so I could hear the person I was with, but that's a minor gripe. Little pricey but to be honest you pay for what you get. Awesome and lovely food. Worth a treat anytime.

Surrey, UK
“Another good meal - standards maintained”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had lunch at Jamie's with my wife on Saturday. The venue seems to have been re-furbished since our last visit - more tables - still a pleasant atmosphere. We were given a table for 4 - I like this as often tables for 2 can be a bit cramped.
Food - excellent. Shared starter of "worlds's best olives" - I don't if they are the best, but I love them - really sweet. Mains of Crab Spaghettini and 30-Day Matured Prime Rib. My wife thought the spaghettini were slightly over-cooked and not warm enough. My steak was excellent (good quality and portion size), but also was not warm enough. Minor gripes. I also had a side of Polenta Chips - truly splendid - good old-fashioned Italian taste.
Drink - a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc di Friuli - very good, and a bottle of sparkling mineral water - an obscure brand and not particularly good. Jamie should stick to San Pellegrino and San Benedetto (the former salty, the latter salt-free).
Service - very efficient. Our server noticed that we had run out of bread with the olives and brought a top-up.
Overall a good experience, and we'll be back again !

• Visited September 2013