“Worth a go”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

First time. Unfortunately we were late and our table had been given away (quite rightly so) but the staff did their best to accommodate us. The service was impeccable and very attentive. The atmosphere at times was a little noisy and I had to move my chair so I could hear the person I was with, but that's a minor gripe. Little pricey but to be honest you pay for what you get. Awesome and lovely food. Worth a treat anytime.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had lunch at Jamie's with my wife on Saturday. The venue seems to have been re-furbished since our last visit - more tables - still a pleasant atmosphere. We were given a table for 4 - I like this as often tables for 2 can be a bit cramped.
Food - excellent. Shared starter of "worlds's best olives" - I don't if they are the best, but I love them - really sweet. Mains of Crab Spaghettini and 30-Day Matured Prime Rib. My wife thought the spaghettini were slightly over-cooked and not warm enough. My steak was excellent (good quality and portion size), but also was not warm enough. Minor gripes. I also had a side of Polenta Chips - truly splendid - good old-fashioned Italian taste.
Drink - a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc di Friuli - very good, and a bottle of sparkling mineral water - an obscure brand and not particularly good. Jamie should stick to San Pellegrino and San Benedetto (the former salty, the latter salt-free).
Service - very efficient. Our server noticed that we had run out of bread with the olives and brought a top-up.
Overall a good experience, and we'll be back again !

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am not a fan of commercial chain restaurants normally but this one is an exception. The staff were very attentive and the food was freshly cooked and tasted wonderful. Perhaps I need to review my expectations for lunchtime dining?

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went with my wife and 8 year old daughter for lunch, and having been out of the country for 7 years this was a first visit to any of his places.
Service was excellent from start to finish, the front of house guy showing us to our table was friendly and knowledgable. The waitress was charm personified, lovely and helpful to us and had a one on one conversation with my daughter.
The food was excellent, a great childrens menu, wonderful starters (pea and broad bean bruschetta was a stand out in terms of flavour), and lovely pasta dishes for around GBP6 for a small dish (that was not so small) - vongole and alla norma. In general the food was really good quality, prices were a pleasant surprise, and the service exceptional. A great experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Can't fault the food service or drinks. You know what you get. I went for the Turkey Milanese and i was not disappointed. I had the Merlot of the wine list which was not very nice, but it was the cheapest on there.