“Best Char Siu Pork”

Yimchai
Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/20
8:00 PM
Description: Yimchai is an unique cafe restaurant which you can causally come in for a cup of your regular coffee and try our homemade cakes or you can enjoy a freshly cooked Oriental meal with a selection of wine, beer or a pot of our specialty Chinese tea in a cosy ambiance
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Tried this place based on previous TripAdvisor reviews. So glad we did. The whole family enjoyed the meal very much. Excellent selection of Cantonese dishes. Basic alcoholic drinks selection but if booze is not your thing, there are loads of great options like Hong Kong style icys, smoothies and a good selection of teas. Service is fast, efficient and very friendly. Every dish was delicious, the crispy king prawn rolls were amazing, the ginger beef was done perfectly, crispy and flavourful and not too chewy. If you have read any of my other reviews, you may have deduced that I have a particular fondness for char siu pork. I am happy to report that the char siu pork at Yimchai is among the best I have ever had. Lean and so tender, perfectly flavoured. I was very happy that we over-ordered as that meant I had leftovers for lunch the next day. I am already looking forward to going back for more. I recommend you make reservations as it can get quite busy at certain times.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Tried their roast duck and stir fried garlic pak choi for takeout yesterday, both delicious. So good that we went again for lunch today, can seriously recommend the scallops with asparagus and crispy duck pancakes as well. Staff is very professional and nice. The restaurant is stylish. We will definetly return here next time we come to Kingston.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

We live local and eat here a lot, food is good and authentic, my mother in law who is from Hong Kong eats here a lot when she is staying with us. service is also good and the food is excellent value for money.

Reviewed April 24, 2019

We visited as a family on Mothers' Day. Firstly the choice of drinks was impressive, including many teas and fresh smoothies. We tried the fresh smoothies and thought they were excellent.
The food was superb. We ordered a selection of dishes including squid, duck and chicken. Every dish was tasty, generous in size and nicely presented. The only negative was that some of the plates were chipped!
Overall, we would highly recommend Yimchai for an outstanding, authentic meal!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I ordered a take away today and it didn’t disappoint. The staff were very friendly when I walked in and let me choose what I wanted without rushing me. The food arrived very hot. When I got home it was still hot and the quality was incredible. Definately the best take away. Worth going out to collect it. Can’t think of one bad thing.