“Authentic Caribbean food at last”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Flaggs Caribbean & Creole Cuisine
Description: Home cooked Caribbean & Creole Cuisine, made with fresh herbs and spices.Using the very best sourced meat for our traditionally slow cooked curry goat, panned grilled jerk chicken slowly cooked and steamed to enhance the flavour. FLAGGS signature dish,is the slow cooked mouth watering sticky jerk pork, which will tantalise your taste buds. We also offer for your taste buds,Brown stew chicken.
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We love proper Caribbean food but hard to find any restaurants in Surrey- so glad we found Flaggs because food is lovely - perfectly spiced Jerk chicken, rice and peas & delicious ackee saltfish . Very relaxed friendly restaurant - real authentic Caribbean food
and drinks. Very reasonable too . Can't wait to come back and try the rest of the menu.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Stumbled across Flaggs on way to ‘big’ Sainsbury’s on Richmond Rd. Love jerk chicken so thought I’d try it before doing the food shop (never go shopping hungry!)
Was not disappointed.
Very friendly welcome from the lady owner. She recommended jerk chicken, rice n peas with side salad. Perfect for hearty lunch at £7.50. Delicious chicken (not tooo spicy) and perfectly cooked rice n peas. Side salad was fresh and appreciated. I sat inside while others came in for takeaways on a Friday afternoon.
Apparently this restaurant used to do very well in Kingston Market Place, so if you’re missing this tasty carribbean delight, you know where to find them. Sorry forgot to take a photo.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Some of the best Caribbean food I have had since I stayed with a friends family in Jamaica for a month. We had chicken patties, goat curry (real goat as well not mutton), brown stew chicken, and rice and peas (proper peas not kidney beans). The added garnish of scotch bonnet on top of the dishes made sure your tongue and lips had a good strong tingle. The plantain and dumpling were just as good
So pleased we finally tried this place, and now can not wait to try the jerk pork. Please go and try and keep this place busy!!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Where do I start?! One thing I don't deal with is average food and neither do they at Flaggs. If you're a regular in Caribbean shops around London you'll know that customer service doesn't exist in all shops but from the moment you step in here, you're greeted with a genuine warm welcome! I'm in here several times a week, as often as my work schedule allows me.

My go-to dish is Curry Goat, which is lovely here. The meat is tender, not too chewy and rarely find any fat in this dish (sometimes you get tons of chewy bits of fat and hardly any meat in some places). On Wednesday's they do the Jerk Specials, Jerk Pork and Jerk Ribs. The Jerk Pork is by far my favourite Jerk dish I've tasted anywhere!

The shop has been open a little while now and every time I visit it seems to be getting busier and busier, always a good sign. I believe they started off on a stall in Kingston market and now are successfully running their own thriving shop. I've sent countless friends and family down here and they've all agreed how good the food is.

They also do a 'Lunch time Special' (between the hours of 11-2) where you get a main dish and rice and peas for only £5, in a very decent sized container.

Unless you're actually in London you won't find many authentic Caribbean eateries and good one's at that but if you're in and around Kingston and the surrounding areas, this is more than worth it.

Could not recommend highly enough!!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

My mum always said that the best food is the one that brought back memories from your childhood while you were tasting it...
The food in this place is mind blowing!There is no other way to describe it...
I had curry goat,fried plantains,rice and peas ,and was greedy and added some macaroni cheese pie to my order...
I didn't know where to start... Everything was so delicious...It was like been back home and having my mum cooking for me again...
Thank you so much for your amazing seasoning...Your food is a master piece ..I'm so happy that I discovered this little gem...
I'll be going back over and over again!

Date of visit: August 2018