“Great B & B”
Review of Artists Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
Artists Villa
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed at this B & B for two nights and enjoyed my stay very much. A clean room and bathroom, a nice host, close to railway station and Kingston and fair prices. I can only recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Karina M

Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is a small friendly & clean B&B in a quiet residential neighbourhood. .It is a 15 minute walk from the centre of Kingston and close to local services and rail and bus stops. The welcome is warm but never intrusive. I enjoyed privacy and conversation appropriately. I stayed over a three month period while I completed an assignment in Kingston and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JCGandCoLt
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This is a small and friendly spotlessly clean B&B. The welcome is warm but never overbearing. I enjoyed privacy and conversation appropriately. Breakfast was always very pleasant. Both bedrooms are very comfortable.
I stayed over a three month period and would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank dghtraining
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed at The Artists Villa for two nights and found the room to be most comfortable and the house itself was in excellent order. Ingrid, the owner is a Ceramic Artist and the decour is amazing. The house has much room and the bathroom and the bedroom were always spotlessly clean. I really enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Sharing breakfast with the other guests and ingrid was a delight.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I had a great stay for 3 days at Artist villa. The B & B is very well located, peaceful & quiet, exellent service and only 3 minutes from Norbiton trainstation. Very nice rooms, clean & spotless, comfortable and I just love the bed. One bathroom to share and it was very ok. Just a 10min walk to the market town center and very easy to find. I will defenately give this B&B my best recommendations, Ilona

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ilona9967
Reviewed April 12, 2009

myself and partner stayed in this b & b and we both hated it from the moment we stayed there , the house was so cold both physically and emotionally and we actually got the impression that we were not wanted !!! as we booked online we did not know what this house appeared like on the outside when we arrived we were surprised to see buliding work been carried out in the area plus no b & b sign which made us a little weary to say the least ....

we felt we were not made welcome and told we could make tea but we felt so comfortable to do so as the owners were always present in the kitchen and stood over us while we eat and the breakfast was a joke so miserable , cereal tea and two yoghurts , the cereal was running low and the fruit was in abundance...

the rooms were very cold at night time , needing extra blankets to keep ourselves warm, our rooms were not cleaned out during our stay there and our towels were not changed either.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Fiona F
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Lovely home within 5 minutes walk of Norbiton train station. At the time we stayed, there was road construction, which meant buses were a bit further away to catch.

Don't ask the owners about bus info, though -- they enjoy their city by bicycle. After a couple of days there, I agree that it would be the best way to get around this lovely area.

It's a bit of a ride to get to Hampton Court Palace or Kew Gardens & Palace, but if you sit at the top of the bus for the long rides, you get to take in the beautiful area of Kingston Upon Thames and Richmond/Richmond Park.

The B&B itself is nicely set up. There is one shared bath with the owners, but it was never a problem for us. Everything is kept clean and, as the name suggests, an artist does indeed live on the premises. This is evident by the beautiful art that you are treated to while you enjoy their home.

The only reservation I had is that it is a little awkward to make/have tea, but the host is very agreeable and quick to make some for you if asked.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)