“GBK does Fawlty Towers”

Bookatable
OR
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I popped in for a quick burger before the cinema. It was a Tuesday evening 7.30pm and there were only 4 other tables with customers. The waitress asked us to sit down and said she would be straight over. 5 minutes later still no menus, it was not as if they were busy I could see the waitress drying cutlery and putting it in a draw by the the till. Eventually I had to go and ask for a menu.

We ordered burgers and then waited and waited. After 30 minutes time was running short as we had cinema tickets booked. I could not understand why it was taking so long, there were hardly any other customers in the restaurant. I went to ask where our order was, the waitress was chatting behind the till. I could see our order just sat there on the kitchen shelf waiting. I asked if they would not mind bringing it over?

The waitress then brought the food over. My burger and chips were cold. We did not have time to ask for another to be cooked so I just asked for a refund which they gave. The manageress gave us a meek ‘sorry’, to which I replied I am not surprised you are not busy.

My wife and I were expecting and looking forwards to a nice ‘gourmet’ burger before the cinema. All we got was cold burgers and chips served by half hearted staff. It was like the scene from Fawlty Towers. We did not have time to find somewhere else so we bought a sandwich from Tescos, thank you GBK for ruining our evening.

I mean it was only 2 burgers and some chips. How hard can it be? It was certainly not a ‘Gourmet burger’ experience. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

After seating us the waitress proceeded to clean cutlery. We had to ask after 5 mins
for a menu, she admitted she forgot about us?!
When we ordered at the till the server said ‘Is that all?’ after every item I said which was strange as no queue behind me so I ignored this.
My husband went to enquire about our meal as it was getting to the 30 minute mark & he saw our meal sat on the side whilst the staff were chatting amongst themselves it was also missing one of the sides which was because the server kept rushing the order through (‘Is that all’ server’ hence she missed this.
No surprise burgers were cold so we left & ate elsewhere.
This was very disappointing & bafffling because the restaurant was only 5-6 tables in total. We will not be going back.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

The food is always amazing, however I had a really rude waiter. I asked for colouring in pencils and then proceeded to sarcastically (and in complete deadpan) say “guess I’ll give you the kid’s menu. I laughed, he then said “I can’t carry you to your table” pointing towards the seating area.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

My wife is coeliac so its not always easy to find places that cater for this terrible disease so we are always pleased when there is a Gourmet Burger Kitchen in town as they are generally pretty good with this. However this branch is beyond pretty good it was excellent. Order taken by manager and food served separately to avoid possible cross contamination. The cutlery on the table was taken away and replaced with items fresh from the dishwasher and even the napkins were replaced with fresh ones from a package. The food as always was really good too. Cannot recommend this branch highly enough for the care taken over my wifes GF food and experience.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

I don’t know if we were just unlucky but experienced very slow service and lack of any customer service today. Waited over ten minutes for drinks despite there only being a few other tables in. When the food finally arrived after 25 minutes I asked for condiments and a side plate. Told by who I assume is the manager that they will grab me some and just never returned ! Not asked how our food was which was over cooked and the only contact we seemed to have was when we had to take a serviette from another table (we had none) to which the waitress rushed over and replaced it in a brusque manner.
Felt a little robbed to have spent money here and not to have been made to feel welcome at all. Won’t return

Date of visit: February 2019