“Another Great Evening At The Willow!”
Review of The Willow

The Willow
Description: 100% gluten free Coeliac UK certificated. Deliciously nutritious food, carefully sourced and crafted so you don't have to think about it. We are leading the way on embracing dietary restrictions and choices from Paleo to Vegan, to Low FODMAP. And never, ever compromising on taste.
Reviewed March 9, 2019

A big thank you to Janice, chef Sergio and The Willow team along with Charlotte from Norbiton's Wined Up Here for a really fun and interesting wine tasting evening. Eight quality organic wines from across the world with imaginative and delicious food pairings made for a wonderfully sociable evening in your smart and cosy restaurant. Loved the insight into how the wines were made and the back story of the various producers.

Looking forward to the next one!

Carolyn and Mike

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

I went here with my sister. It was my second visit. The staff and manager were again super friendly and helpful. This time I had the lamb rump and it was amazing, delicious and perfectly cooked.
Also had a lemon and blueberry cheesecake. Soooo tasty and light.
Had a lovely evening. Will be back again.
Thank you !

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Found these wonderful foodies at a vegan and yoga festival in January.. promised I'd bring the famalamb back for my birthday dinner and Wow . Did not disappoint... we will be back.. we had between us.. the lamb chops .. monk fish... Brill and rib eye. And one each of the fabulous cheesecakes. A very different foodie experience welcomed xx

Date of visit: February 2019
Pedros M, Manager at The Willow, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Happy birthday! We were so grateful to you for bringing your 'famalamb' to The Willow for such an occasion!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

We rang to make a booking on Valentine's Day itself, expecting to be told it was full, instead, of which they offered a 6.45 slot which suited us quite well. We were dlighted to be given a complientary glass of fiz on arrival!
For starters we shared Chicken Pakora with Coriander & Lemon Yoghurt Sauce which was delicious. This was followed by Razor Clams & Prawns with Monkfish Steak for me. It was expensiveand I chose a side of Willow Greens with Garlic Butter making it even more, but I didn't regret it as everything was well-cooked and really good. My husband chose Pink Cod with Chlorella Sauce, the cod pink because it was marinated with beetroot juice! He and I shared some sweet potato chips, which were also extra, so the whole meal with a shared B-Raw Natural Cheesecake desset was a bit extravagant! We don't eat out often and for me as a coeliac who now has to avoid lactose too it was sheer joy to be able to order things on a menu which normally I simply can't have.
Contrary to expectations the restaurant wasn't packed to the gunnels for Valentine's Day, nor were we hassled to leave and the waitress was delightful, so it was a really relaxed and enjoyable evening.
We learnt of the restaurant from a leaflet through the door so otherwise we wouldn't have known anything about it.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you for coming along on Valentines Night and we're glad we were able to cater for you. We are entirely (and naturally) gluten free (and certified by Coeliac UK) so you can dine with complete peace of mind!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2019

We really enjoyed Saturday lunch at this restaurant, which is leading the way for healthy and very tasty eating. The menu caters for a range of styles of eating and is well labelled. The food is organic, sourced from quality ingredients and cooked healthily. The service was excellent and all our questions about the menu were answered with attention to detail and in a friendly manner. The organic wines were very drinkable and the deserts very tasty - proof that deserts do not need to be laden with large quantities of sugar and refined carbohydrates. Our 11 year old son described his desert as "amazing" and my husband described his octopus as "exquisite". This is the only restaurant I have found where I can eat confidently in the knowledge that a wide variety of dietary requirements are catered for and also that the food is of an extremely high standard. Thank you to all the staff at The Willow restaurant for a very enjoyable experience - we will be returning!

Hello Nikki
'Best restaurant around' - we'll take that, thank you so much!!
It's so lovely to hear from someone who understands what we are trying to achieve here and we hope to see you soon.