We booked a 6 night stay on a friends recommendation and we weren't disappointed. To be fair we were upgraded to a junior suite which was a room with a small sitting area and a bath. The other rooms only have showers. The main pros of the place is the wonderful staff, the lovely setting and food that generally contains low carb or low Glycaemic Index (GI) but done in a delicious way. I really don't understand the other reviews re not having the baked potatoes, or small portions. Breakfast and lunch were 3 course buffets each, with toast, jams, marmalade, porridge, fruit including watermelon and eggs anyway you want them- ask the lovely waitress Shaunny - very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. To be honest food was overflowing. The evening meal is a set menu with a few options in each course and has noodles, rice, the odd red meat, duck and pidgeon. Delightful.
This place is not a glitzy spa for hen night or baby shower parties, it's a restorative place to get yourself back together, eat properly and get better. One thing that other reviews haven't said is the wonderful National Trust land called Ludshott Common that's next to the lovely grounds. I d recommend to go on the guided walk each morning before breakfast and then get a map of the common from reception and do the walks yourself at your own pace each morning to build an appetite, and breakfast like a king. The common has a number of benches that are numbered and if you stick to the main path you ll be fine.
The other good thing is the indoor pool and relaxing around the pool, with the use of hydrojet small pool next to it. The treatments were wonderful. It has to be said that a cash injection for maintaining the grounds and indoor furnishings would be good. It would also help to have more things to do in the evening, the films and talks are v good but it would be good to have other distractions like single player piano, or strings, or quizzes for those that what to participate.
We would go back but wouldn't stay less than 4 nights, you need time to relax and get the full benefit of restoration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grayshott is one of the few true destination health spas in the UK, offering an award-winning 7 day health regime to address weight loss and health issues, spa breaks and stays to de-stress and revitalise, and recovery programmes to rest and recuperate. Grayshott is renowned for our highly trained therapists, extensive facilities and delicious spa cuisine. Facilities include indoor & outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, separate male and female spas, gym, exercise classes and 47 acres of gardens and grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grayshott Health Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grayshott Hotel Grayshott
- Hall Hotel Grayshott
- Grayshott Health Spa Surrey