“Grayshott delivers”

Grayshott Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayshott
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My annual trip to Grayshott is over for another year, I can't wait for the next visit. I took my daughter and after our two nights and three days a la carte (no treatments beyond the terrific classic massages) we emerged rested, glowing and content. Yes some of the decor is looking a bit tired, but the essential elements are still in great shape. The wonderful Helga in the ladies spa, the friendly and attentive staff, delicious food, great facilities. I saw some bad reviews and wonder if I have been to the same place? Managing not to feel lost on the Common was one of my high points. For my daughter a session with a swim coach to gear up for triathlon. A note of caution if taking a daughter, she will also want it to be an annual trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Matt1107

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are always delighted when a departing guest remarks on the high level of service our staff give. I was therefore delighted that you had singled out Helga and will pass on your kind comments to her.

Many of our guests comment on how relaxed they feel when they arrive at Grayshott, and that they very quickly feel totally removed from the stresses and strains of everyday life, leaving feeling relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. And I am glad to see that we had a similar effect on yourself and your daughter.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at Grayshott. Probably one of the best visits I have had to this lovely spa. Fabulous setting, amazing staff - one therapist I recognised from my first visit 9 years ago - that says a lot! Must make particular mention about the food which is of a very high standard, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. Great Bubbles Bar for those who enjoy a glass of wine. Lovely treatments, especially aromatherapy massage. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tricia G

Dear TriciaG

Thank you for your kind comments.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service our staff give to all our guests, something that is continually remarked upon. I was therefore delighted that you had singled out one of the therapists who you recognised from 9 years before!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Food wonderful, staff so polite and helpful. Treatments gorgeous. I really recommend the Rose Indulgence treatment and the Rejuvenating Facial. Room lovely and warm. Bed really comfortable. Aquarobics is really good fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheila H

Dear SheliaH

Thank you for your kind words.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of Grayshott during your stay with us.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Grayshott for your fourth visit in the very near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My girlfriend and I planned our Christmas holiday to each other here, I spent the day here 3 years ago and had a vastly different experience. This time the pool and the hydro pool were cold. I asked the maintenance guy and the management to increase the temperature but they didn't bother. I wasn't the only guest to complain about it, the regular members of the Spa said it was like this for a few months now. Last time I visited the temperatures were perfect. There was only one shower in the men's spa that had hot water running and that was after letting it run for 20 minutes. The place is getting tired looking and it seems that management have stopped caring, it also seems like there are too many of them.

The general staff were excellent and the food was good. The wine list wasn't the best and very overpriced for what was on offer.

This used to be a great place to visit but I feel its been a victim of its own success and trading on its old reputation.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have hot water
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandaCatcher

Dear PandaCatcher

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately when you stayed at Grayshott we experienced boiler problems with the indoor swimming pool and men’s spa this was duly rectified, but not until after you had left us. The pool is now back to its usual 29 degrees.

I am pleased that you singled out the staff as being excellent. Many of our staff have been with us for many years and guests usually praise them for their high standards of service and care.

As a health spa many of our guests are looking to de-tox during their time at Grayshott. However, for other guests who would like to drink wine we offer a manageable wine list to accommodate the small wine sales. Our wine prices are in keeping with other hotel establishments.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I visited Grayshott for the first time with a girl friend who was celebrating a significant birthday. She had stayed a couple of times and recommended it to me. The overall atmosphere was warm and friendly. Our single rooms were comfortable although the bathrooms were a tad on the small side. The food was excellent particularly the delicious soups at both lunch and dinner. Portion sizes were fairly well controlled for which I was grateful. The exercise classes were varied and particularly John was an excellent trainer. A comprehensive number of treatments are also offered and with our two night stay we had two inclusive treatments. Both therapists who looked after me were very knowledgeable. Some areas could do with updating but overall it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and we are already planning a return visit later in the year.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed January 28, 2014

In May 2013, my mother, my sister and I stayed at Grayshott Spa for 2 nights. When we booked we specicifically asked for rooms not overlooking the roof with the air conditionning purring all night. What did we get? Precisely what we did not want. And one of the rooms had a blocked toilet. There was a huge mix up with the booking and our stay was alltogether disastrous: very poor food, terrible service, unconcerned staff, and a persistant inability to understand that there were three of us. The waiters were particularly rude and incapable of explaining what was going to be on the plate. We wrote to Peter Wood General manager explaining exactly what had gone wrong. He answered saying he had contacted all of the staff and was appaled to discover that Grayshott did at that particular occasion his standards. As compensation he offered one free night for our next stay. He led us to believe that his staff had been briefed about our stay. But when we tried to give Grayshott one last chance, we were offered the same rooms as the ones we had complained about. They certainly know how to get rid of "valued" customers. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank N B
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear NBParis

I was disappointed to read your review.

I note that you booked the special offer discounted stay for yourself, your mother and sister just prior to arrival, when we had very limited single room availability. You chose not to upgrade to standard rooms. We made every effort to accommodate your party, necessitating two persons being given single rooms with limited views. You were informed of the rooms allocated, two of which you had stayed in on previous occasions. The third person was allocated a room with a lake view.

Following your stay you were each offered a complimentary return stay, and requested to take this up over the Christmas period. We agreed to accommodate you at this very busy, and more expensive, time of year. However, having reserved the rooms for your party, and subsequently receiving no further communication from yourselves, despite numerous efforts, the rooms were re-allocated.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the spa cuisine or the staff, both of which our departing guests frequently comment on and warmly commend. I do hope that you decide to return to Grayshott in the near future and give us the opportunity to address your previous concerns.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Visited Grayshott Spa this weekend just gone as a spur of the moment decision and had a fantastic time. I have been twice before and was not disappointed this time either. The therapists were lovely and all the staff amazingly helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone. Food excellent, service excellent. You feel like you are in a tiny bubble and can just escape from the world for a short space of time which is a lovely feeling. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you are single but can afford it, choose a double room, the beds are huge so there is not risk of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesley N

Dear LesleyN

Thank you for your kind comments.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service our staff give to all our guests, something that is continually remarked upon. I was therefore delighted that you had singled out the therapists and will pass on your kind comments to them.

Peter Wood

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayshott
17 mi away
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Grayshott Health Spa? Share your experiences!