Grayshott Health Spa
  • Bar/Lounge
$103
$96
Travelocity
All reviewshealthy foodlose weightindoor poolexercise classesde stresslife changingnational trust landjunior suitefruit cocktailindian head massagecinema roomnight breaklovely surroundingsrelaxing breaksingle roombirthday treatbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited the Grayshott Spa with my daughter to celebrate her 21st and graduating.
We both had an absolutely amazing time. The staff were friendly, polite and professional without exception. The food healthy, delicious and plentiful. Spa treatments were the best I have ever had. The talks were really useful and inspiring. Our suite was luxouious and overlooked the gardens with fantastic views. I cant wait to return. We stayed 2 nights but felt so relaxed that it felt like a week.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maise
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Maise

Thank you for your review and kind comments.

I am always delighted when guests visit us for the first time and fully experience all aspects of Grayshott, including our programme of lunch-time and evening talks, which are intended to be both informative and inspiring, with a variety of speakers and topics.

Many of our guests comment on how relaxed they feel when they arrive at Grayshott, and that they very quickly feel totally removed from the stresses and strains of everyday life, leaving feeling relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. And I am glad to see that we had a similar effect on yourself and your daughter.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I experienced the week of my life recently at Grayshott Spa after undergoing the 7 day Grayshott Programme! Wonderful food and despite the slightly restrictive eating plan, I never felt hungry. Wonderful value. Lots of inclusive treatments by caring therapists. Favourite of mine was the Hydrotherapy bath - very stimulating but relaxing at the same time (I know that sounds contradictory - but it was). They Programme was led by three nutritionists - all very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and always happy to explain and answer questions. ALL the staff are excellent. They have been very well trained in customer service and are courteous but friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for them. I am a slightly picky eater but they accommodated my requests with no problem. I have high blood pressure - started the week at 180 over 70, finished the week at 125 over 70! Can you believe it! I was so impressed. Having finished the programme was presented with Digestive Bitters, Probiotics and a personalised herbal tincture. Great value considering all the inclusive treatments. A great start to my weight loss programme. Can't recommend it highly enough. Do it! Book it now!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room with patio
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shina W
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Shina

Thank you for your very complimentary review of the 7 nights you spent on our Grayshott Health regime.

I am delighted to read that you are still feeling the benefits of your stay. Results and feedback to date from guests who have been on the programme have proved without doubt that the structured eating protocol is an effective way of changing to a new ‘lifestyle’. Not just a programme that ends after 7 days.

Our objective has always been for Grayshott Health to provide guests with the knowledge to make sustainable lifestyle changes and the comments we are receiving confirm that guests are continuing with the eating protocol at home, using the knowledge accrued while at Grayshott to maintain the benefits.

You may be interested to know that, following requests from departing guests, we have formalised a 4 Day Refresher regime, only available to guests who have previously stayed on the full 7 day regime, and ideal for those wishing to continue the health benefits and momentum achieved during their initial stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future. In the meantime, thank you for your recommendation and kind words.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night but left feeling the "spa experience" isn't for me. Lovely place and super facilities set in beautiful grounds however, public areas had a Gods waiting room atmosphere where one felt obliged to whisper which to my mind doesn't concur with a relaxing environment. Restaurant food was good (not great) though service was so rushed we had to put the breaks on when offered desert or three courses would have been consumed in sub 40 minutes - Again not very relaxing. The waiting staff were totally disorganised almost over eager and lacking management. Maybe allowing a single waiter to look after certain stations will control the amount of repeat questions and over rushed service. It would also be nice to be shown any a la carte options at the table as we were unaware until a frequent customer on the next table was brought an omlette for instance.
I think the next time I am tempted to spend so much on a night away I will choose to stay in a quality hotel with a spa attached and dine out.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Gary B

Dear Gary

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities and grounds at Grayshott, but sorry that you were not happy with the calm and quiet of the public areas.

We find that most of our guests are seeking to relax and escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, and therefore appreciate the calm, nurturing ambience of Grayshott in order to relax and revitalise.

Our spa cuisine has won several awards and we continually receive complimentary reviews from departing guests. However, we are continually looking to improve our guests’ experience, and I will certainly address your comments regarding the waiting staff with the Restaurant Manager.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been visiting Grayshott for the past 23 years and decided to make it my 'home' during the recent six-week period between house moves.

It has been the most wonderful experience. The staff (without exception) have been so welcoming, friendly and helpful.

To just turn up three times a day for the most delicious (and healthy) cuisine has left me feeling utterly spoilt and although I'm looking forward to moving into my new home, I will miss the 'home from home' feeling at Grayshott.

There are accompanied walks twice a day over magnificent adjoining National Trust land.

They seem to have got the mix between relaxation and formality exactly right.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Room 4 in the main manor house is very large and grand with plenty of wardrobe space for a longer stay. Room 21, a junior suite overlooking the manor house and the gardens is just as wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Elly

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent 6 week stay at Grayshott, and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful.

We have a number of guests who stay with us for several weeks at a time on a regular basis and have been coming to us for years, as you have; I feel that this is, in no small way, due to our staff and their professional and helpful attitude.

I hope that your house move went smoothly and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my mum and sister (who is 7 month pregnant).

We've been here before a few years ago and so were happy to come back. The rooms are lovely, soft towels, comfy beds etc. The food is delicious - but due to the healthy living regime - dinner is quite small - so be sure to fill up at lunch! But all food is freshly prepared and tasty!

The treatments are lovely - my sister had a massage as really enjoyed the foam bed set up which allowed her to be on her stomach despite having quite a large bump! I also had a massage but did have a male masseur which was a bit of a shock as I had stated I only wanted women. Also - if you are going to have a gel manicure / pedicure - be sure to tell them before if you already have it on - as we were not asked when we booked and apparently it takes then 30 misn to get it off so only my sister could have it done and not my mum.

So overall very nice stay, just two hiccups that were a bit of a shame!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Derek

Thank you for your very complimentary review following your recent stay.

I am delighted that we lived up to your expectations, having not visited us for a few years, and I hope that you enjoyed the improvements we have made in the intervening period.

We pride ourselves on the holistic approach we take to our treatments, therapies, exercise and nutrition, all of which are designed to leave guests feeling rested and rejuvenated.

With regard to your note about a male therapist, I will discuss this with our Spa Scheduling team to ensure that the next time you visit us you are only given female therapists. In addition, whilst we highlight in our brochure that we advise guests to notify us in advance if they have a semi-permanent gel/polish to be removed, as there are time implications, I will suggest Scheduling additionally mention this at the time of bookings, in order to offset the issue you experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future.