“Tranquility Rules”

Grayshott Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayshott
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed at Grayshott 3 times over the last 3 years and have always felt better for the experience. The staff are and always have been the best I have encountered in any hotel in any country I have visited. From John and Frank's wonderful massages to George's attention in the restaurant every moment is sheer delight. The food is excellent particularly the evening menus which are always a joy. The wine list although a trifle expensive certainly caters for most palates. And I particularly enjoy the selection of teas that are available 24/7; a nice touch. With golf and indoor and outdoor swimming together with a heated jacuzzi
I look forward to my next trip over to leafy Surrey with undisguised relish.
Allan Gee, Barcelona

Room Tip: The room at the rear that face the lake are favourite
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Allan G

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The surroundings are really nice, the room was fine, baisc but fine.This is a health farm not a spa, bar closes at 10pm, only fruit for dessert, dinner is portion--controlled. I cannot eat a lot but was hungry after 3 courses and luckily had cupcakes in our room to munch on. Had to ask staff to roder drinks, had to ask staff to order breakfast, had to ask twice for ice to be brought to room, poor service for the price you pay. Lunch was nice. Would not go again, are much better spas for the money whereby you can actually order a lemonade if you like!Traetment was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank FlapsLondon
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Whether you stay at Grayshott for a few days rest, or for a week to completely unwind from the ups and downs of the outside world, you are guaranteed to look and feel totally rejuvenated and ready for action on the day of departure! From the moment you arrive, there are friendly faces to greet you at the front desk, you can choose the treatments that are right for you, with the wonderful help and guidance of Will, at the treatment desk. In the gym you have Ravi, and his experienced team waiting to show you the ropes, and as for the restaurant, the food is top class and the menu is extremely varied with much local produce. You can happily visit Grayshott alone, or with friends, the atmosphere is uplifting, yet restful. My husband and I usually spend our Anniversary there, and there is quite an extensive wine list in the beautiful subtly decorated bar, Bubbles. The guest suites are particularly sumptuous, and lend themselves to a luxurious and romantic stay. I totally recommend the holistic massage with Catherine, Karen or Fae, and if you want to get into meditation, then you want to book a one-to-one session with John. I have been going to Grayshott for 30 years, and I wouldnt want to go anywhere else. It truly is my second home!

Room Tip: Ask if its possible to have a room overlooking the beautiful lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzangold
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have been to Grayshott three times now. My step mother and I visit each year and I can honestly say I spend my whole year just waiting for the three days away. As soon as we pull into the drive way I start to feel safe and cocooned in the warmth and goodness of Grayshott. From the food to the staff, the therapists to the personal trainer, Ravi who is simply the best. I love it. The range of therapies they offer is second to none and I would recommend the dry float. Its fabulous. I am always sad to leave but when I do I have a spring in my step, feel completely revitalised and always very healthy. Thank you Grayshott you are the best!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went with my aunt to Grayshott. We had always promised ourselves a Spa break and this was our first time. For us, it really was as they say on the brochure "peace on arrival, health on departure".
Grayshott is rather an old fashioned spa, it doesn't have endless spa experience rooms, for example, and the pool is lovely but not at all exotic. However, we felt so well looked after as soon as we arrived and it was such bliss to wander around in our robes, to relax in the spa and to have the most gorgeous treatments. We both had the rose indulgence during our stay , which we cannot recommend highly enough. We had a wonderful walk in the grounds early one morning, as you can walk out on to lovely national trust heathland. It was so peaceful at Grayshott, we were totally relaxed the entire time. The best part of the stay for me, however, was the food. It was fabulous! I have noticed that other reviewers thought the portions at dinner were small, but we thought they were just right. Every mouthful was utterly delicious. We felt so satisfied ( and we are quite greedy!) Breakfast and lunch were also exquisite, but the dinner was one of the best I have ever eaten. We both did an aqua aerobics class, which was great fun ( even for my aunty !) but most of the time we just relaxed. If you want an up to the minute spa, or a riotous weekend, this is not the place. But if you would like to be looked after and made to feel wonderful in the most relaxing surroundings, with the most decious ( and healthy) food, I recommend Grayshott. We booked through Spa break, who were excellent. We would like to go back again - but for longer next time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Surreytravellor29
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Can thoroughly recommend the skills of massage therapist Elaine. She really knows her muscular-skeletal stuff and may well be in the process of changing my life. I have a spinal injury and suffer from neuropathic pain. Although it's still early days in my treatment, she seems to have released one of the most debilitating pathways, and I feel great. Have already booked another session; next, expert massage on prescription please.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Healey_10
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We went on a late Sunday in January for my birthday for the 5pm to 9.45pm session that includes dinner. My wife wanted a massage and the only time available was 4.30pm but they were more than happy to let me start using the facilities early while she had what she said was a superb massage. Being a Sunday evening in January, it was very quiet, maybe 20 guests in total, so I usually had facilities to myself. I had a bit of a hangover from a party I'd been to the night before but 5 minutes in the hydro pool and I was already feeling much better! Then I enjoyed the steam room and later had a nice swim and more time in the hydro pool. We then had a lovely dinner - yes the portions are small, but its quality over quantity and this is a health spa afterall! There's also free fruit available with the free tea all day so you can tuck into that if still hungry.

The only slight issues:

My wife reporting that a male cleaner entered the ladies changing room area while she and another lady were changing - and rather than apologise and quickly leave, he stood there staring for a moment! Very unprofessional and Im surprised they would even ask a male member of staff to clean the ladies changing area.

And, the pool and jacuzzi are so far away from the steam room and sauna, so you have to get dried off, change from swimmers to robe, walk all the way to the other side of the building (quite a cold coridoor too!) before getting into the steam room or sauna. It'd be nice if they were positioned by the pool area, but I guess its difficult as they have separate steam and sauna for men and women (I assume to allow customers to use them naked - signs clarifying what is acceptable or not would have been useful, but as I was by myself I did strip off).

Anyway we used Tesco clubcard points to pay for the evening so thats worth bearing in mind if you are worried about the cost, but were delighted and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight, not sure its necessary really.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayshott
Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Old Thorns Golf & Country Estate

Been to Grayshott Health Spa? Share your experiences!