“Unbeateble 5 stars!!!”
Review of The Lobster Pot - CLOSED

The Lobster Pot
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Yet again a wonderful experience !!! Food that we couldn't fault and great ambience and the staff has been and looks like the stayed friendly and helpful. Went there with some friends and family ( lovely taking care of for quite a large party) and everyone has been ever since praising not just the food but the hole service that the rest offers. Definitely will want to try the "tapas night" they're offering this July which I have heard great things about. A must try dish must be the mixed grill which Is massive and for pudding my all time fav is the home made lime and ginger cheesecake ! Yummy !! Also enjoyed the asparagus salad for starter with halloumi cheese. A word of advise : we have been told the road to the lobster pot is closed for 16 weeks( south east water works) but there will be a traffic diversion so we can still get there( thank god for that) :) . THE MUST GO TO REST!!

There are newer reviews for The Lobster Pot

Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the minute we got there the staff were welcoming with smiles and very helpful, we didn't have to wait long to be served and they always came back at the right time. The food was fantastic, big portions and cooked extremely well (The steak is phenomenonal) We were well catered for and all our asks were met. My favourite place in Farnham by far. If you get a chance try it, you will not be disappointed. A big thank you to the staff

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After a recent recommendation I decided to take my parents and family for dinner at the lobster pot. After a warm welcome we were shown to our table, the menu is varied and all looked delicious. I finally decided to take a chance on their special of crocodile steak with mango and pesto. I'm glad I did!! It was delicious, overall the food was delivered on time and not overlooked like some bulk restaurant meals Ive had in the past.

The service was attentive but not intrusive, the restaurant has a great vibe to it and I'm really looking forward to returning for a meal with my wife as their drinks menu is extensive. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

They allegedly cater for gluten-free/coeliacs according to the website, saying their menu "is extensive". It's not extensive they couldn't even do chips that are gluten free. Which are just potato for crying out loud, Honestly you'd be better off going to McDonalds. They need to change the website and replace the menu & chef. It used to be better, but it's rubbish now. I will never go back there again.

2  Thank Darren G
The-Lobster-Pot, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Darren,

I am not sure what you expected but we do advertise that we can cater for celiac not that we are a celiac restaurant, the reason why we couldn’t do the chips is because other items containing wheat are cooked in the fryer, which you was told when your order was taken, we still have 3 potatoes options which are gluten free (this is more than most have in total).

As for us not having an extensive menu, this I don’t understand, we have 27 starters of which 13 are gluten free and we have around 50 main courses of which 34 are gluten free if this is not extensive then I’m not sure that any restaurant could cater for your needs. As for your comparison to a fast food chain this is a joke, obviously your pallet is more suited to a burger and chips.

We welcome constructive reviews and always have done as this helps us grow our business but reviews of this natural completely misrepresent the business.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went to The Lobster Pot Saturday lunchtime, the restaurant was not busy , was not impressed by the welcome we got when we arrived, We found the staff not very friendly, and the food was not up to its usual standard. Considering the restaurant was not busy we had a long wait to place our order, in the end calling the staff , to our needs, and a long wait for our food. Not impressed not in a rush to go back.

1  Thank Hazel H