“a favourite”
Review of The Lobster Pot - CLOSED

The Lobster Pot
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

this is one of my favourite local restaurants and one we go to regularly - always good food and good service, what more can you ask.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband brought me here for our 1 year wedding anniversary and was also my birthday.The menu was very extensive even the gluten free options, but as it was a sunday we went for the roast as other peoples looked so good.I had the beef and he had the chicken wrapped in bacon.We were both very full as we went for the large option so we shared a lemon sorbet for dessert which they presented with a candle for me.The staff were all very nice and knowledgeable about gluten free diets which put me at ease and i would deffinatly recomend to people and dine here again very soon.
i would recommend booking as it was very busy.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Attended a family birthday party here and one cannot fault the place. Fantastic food and plenty of it. Staff are amazing and nothing is too much trouble. If you are in the area you really must go.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The lobster pot is an excellent restaurant. Plenty to choose from the menu, it is a must for seafood lovers. We had the lobster Thermidor and Goan casserole, fish was cooked to perfection and tasted fresh. The staff were friendly and overall dining experience was good. The place was packed so need to book in advance so not to miss out. Even better you get 10% off bill for early bird special if your food gets to the kitchen before 7pm!! We will be going back!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went on a Monday lunchtime. While it was not busy the staff were attentive and pleasant. The food was good and served in good time.

No questions were asked about a jug of tap water.

I would recommend it, but would want to see it when it was busier.