“Worth the difficult drive”

The Bat & Ball Freehouse
Ranked #14 of 127 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Your first time here you might find us a little difficult to find as the pub is down an un-adopted lane in the bottom of a valley, backing on to the Bourne stream. "The Bat" is a traditional country/village pub retaining the charm and atmosphere of what a pub should be. An open fire, panelled walls, nooks and crannies, hops hanging from the old oak beams, cricketing memorabilia and six shining brass hand pumps for ale. Outside there is a covered patio area with grape vines overhead and a large garden with flower borders, a children’s play structure and plenty of seating. There is also a large car park.We offer a good and wholesome selection of light snacks, main meals and a mouth watering selection of homemade puddings and desserts. All our food is cooked and prepared in house by our team.Crossing the generations ,the pub is a meeting place for all and you will be sure of a genuine welcome
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Worth the difficult drive”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Good pub grub with an excellent menu. Good service which understandably slows down in busy periods Pity about the road down to it.

Visited February 2014

Fleet
“Lovely food!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went with a party of family and friends here recently to celebrate my birthday. The food was lovely (although a little pricey), the portion sizes were very good and we were impressed with the quality of the kids menu. I liked the variety of options on the menu, including some nice game dishes. Would definitely visit again - perhaps in the summer when we can sit outside.

• Visited January 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“No christmas spirit”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm sad to write this as I have been going to this pub on Christmas Eve for ten years or so. They have decided now to employ nasty and rude bouncers and even now (Christmas Day) I am still irritated by how I was spoken to. They routed through my personal belongings and took a bottle that I was due to take to a party later on. She then was nowhere to be seen when I left so I had to turn up empty handed. I won't be going here on Christmas Eve again.

1 Thank Chappy1990
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic fresh food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've been drinking at the Bat for several years, never had a problem here. I went there last night to meet some friends for a meal and drinks, the food was fantastic. The menu has recently been updated and now includes a fantastic selection of different flavours, will definitely eat here again as there is a lot on the menu that we want to try!
The night we visited everyone was full of the Christmas spirit singing carols, we all had a lot of fun! There is often good entertainment here so it's worth checking the website to see what's on.
Overall, this is a great traditional British pub with a lot of atmosphere, it might be a little hard to find for the uninitiated, but it truly is a hidden gem!

• Visited December 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great pub let down by awful roads (not their fault!)”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had my team Christmas lunch here with a few colleagues and was impressed by the menu. The food was good and everyone enjoyed it. This traditional pub is dog-friendly, features a roaring fire which is nice in these winter months and with ample seating for diners.

The only problem with this pub has nothing to do with the establishment at all, but the awfully pot-holed roads you need to endure to get to this wonderful pub. If you can make the trip, it is well worth it!

• Visited December 2013