“Know your customers”

Zizzi - Farnham
Ranked #26 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Located off the High Street, our restaurant is a not-so-hidden gem near the castle of the picturesque market town of Farnham. This building has so much character; exposed beams, brick walls and even a resident ghost...a friendly one don’t worry. A separate mezzanine floor is available for private parties so get in touch if you'd like to book it for your next event. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.And tweet what you eat with WiFi available here (if you’re in to that).
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I went here for an anniversary meal with my partner. We came here 2 years prior on a first date and it was lovely. However I was seriously let down this time. Not only did my chilli dish not have any chillis, once I spoke up about they acted like they didn't care. All I wanted was maybe just a few fresh chillies on top of my meal. However they took away my half eaten meal without offering anything to make up for it. We were also still expected to pay the full amount! Ridiculous and ruined our anniversary. Not impressed and will not be returning.

1  Thank Charmander1706

Reviewed August 2, 2013

very good service for a large party...food was good as always..All in all we had a very good evening

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visited on a very warm night and sat with my friends on a table in the courtyard, it was such a lovely setting, down the alley away from the noise of the street. The food was fabulous, staff great and atmosphere relaxed. The inside of the restaurant looks amazing too.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant twice this week! Once on Saturday during the afternoon for lunch, and on Wednesday night in the evening. My saturday experience was so nice, that I suggested to another friend that we go there. We had a taste card, which means that you must book - and mention that you have a taste card when you go, which we did, in order for it to be valid. We were shown to a table by the manager and presented the menus. We quickly ordered a starter and a bottle of wine - and then the waitress came back to take our mains. In theory we should have ordered all together - as you do at a normal restaurant, but it was almost like we were rushed to order the first course.
I then ordered the lasagne - being an Italian restaurant I thought this would be nice, however, when it arrived it was on a dish that the waitress said would be extremely hot, and the lasagne was flat - not at all what you would imagine traditional lasagne to look like at all. Totally un-appealing, too hot to eat and - flat? I asked what this was and the waitress came back to me and said that this was the new way that Zizzi were presenting their lasagne. Weird. It tasted disgusting and was one of the worst dishes I've ever ordered. I exchanged my flat lasagne for an equally bad salad - which is so strange because I'd had such a nice experience a couple of days before. My friend then wanted some chillis/chill flakes to spice up her fairly bland dish (usually these comes in a grinder at chain restaurants) but they eventually came and we were later charged 80p for them! The manager Asha took over our table and to be honest she was very good - but when our bill came, she said that one of the dishes we had chosen was not included on the taste card validation. Well - she knew that we had a taste card because I mentioned it on the booking - and mentioned it again when we had arrived at the restaurant - so she should have shown us what was and wasn't included on them menu, knowing that were going to use the card. She did give us the discount in the end which was great - and she was good with making sure we were OK after that.
All in all though this was a very disappointing meal and although I've been to this restaurant several times, I'm afraid it will be a long time before I return.

1  Thank WifeUK
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had a discount voucher and was meeting up with a couple of business colleagues. For a Tuesday night it was reasonably busy. Atmosphere I think is lacking, lovely setting inside but something just doesn't work. Service that night was average and I felt lacked that personal touch. Food was fine. You know what you are getting and is reasonalbe value for money especially if you have a discount voucher.