“Awesome ribs and chicken!”
Review of Sandrock

Sandrock
Ranked #86 of 128 Restaurants in Farnham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome ribs and chicken!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Monday nights are ribs and chicken nights. My mates and I are totally hooked on the massive racks of ribs and it has become a bit of a competition between us finish them, staff are really nice although they are blatantly trying to make us fat! There is a student discount but we have not managed to convince them we qualify at 25ish, never mind happy to pay full price

• Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Really good food, disinterested service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that had great things to say about food, but service ruined the experience. I get a sense if you're not a regular you don't get the same service levels. We were basically ignored and treated rudely yet another couple came in (there were only the 2 tables occupied) that were given a whole different attitude.

After ordering 2 different pies and being told they were out of them we asked for a list of pies that they did have. The server rolled her eyes, went into the kitchen and came back with them listed on a napkin.

Pies were great, portions huge, won't be back.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Shelley H
Hampshire
“Good pub, good grub.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We live close and have been coming here occasionally over the past few years. The pub is split between the restaurant room at the back and a more locals bar at the front. The place is unpretentious and you get what you see. Which I like a lot. There are no nicknacks adorning the walls, just and minimal, clean and open feel to the place.

The food is great, copious and well priced. Service is what you would expect from a pub. Perhaps a little direct at times but it matches the pub as a whole. I personally prefer a smile and efficiency over fawning interruptions throughout my meal.

The front bar can be full of ale chugging 'locals' but this is a pub! And if you smile at them they'll smile back! And the beer is good so who can blame them for enjoying it.

All in all a consistently good experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WoodyAl
“We absolutely loved our food and such amazing value!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the Sandrock for a meal, we both only live around the corner so it's not the first time we'd been here. We have both been very happy with the food every time, the portion sizes are huge (which isn't a bad thing in our eyes) and the prices still shock me. I am pleased to see a nice pub meal under a tenner! This time around our food was lovely, we both were stunned and took pictures of our meals! My pulled pork pitta was impressive to look at and so tasty! We will definitely be going again soon to try out their roast dinners!

• Visited July 2013
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Not great.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here as we heard that food was mainly home cooked and good. Yes it was home cooked and ready quickly. The service was very poor seemingly because we did not fit into the "Real Ale" boys huddled around the bar, all giving the what are YOU doing in here look. The server was pretty disinterested in making us welcome. We are unlikely to return.

Visited June 2013