“Nothing Special”

Pizza Express - Farnham
Ranked #28 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Farnham offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here for an Italian meal on Saturday night, we booked a table for and arrived promptly, but were kept waiting for 5-10 minutes at the front whilst the various waiters/hostesses checked our booking.

We got seated in the conservatory after a short period of time. We then proceeded to look through the menu, we all picked what we wanted to order and then were kept waiting an additional 10-20 minutes to order our food and drinks.

The starters took another 20 minutes to come out, with the main courses another 10 minutes after this. One of our party had the Diavolo pizza, another had one of the Leggera pizza's (with the salad in the middle) and I had the Grand Chicken Caesar salad.

We all enjoyed our meals, the food was nice, but there was nothing special about it at all.

I was also left slightly dissappointed at the fact my Caesar salad didn't come with the Pizza Express dough-sticks even though it stated the salad would come with them in the menu description.

Overall, the service was a little slow, the food was nothing special and we were kept waiting more than we'd like for our food. I wouldn't recommend the place as there's plenty of other options in the surrounding area, however there are worse places to eat and if you're in need of sustenance after a long day, you could do worse than Pizza Express Farnham.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have been to Pizza Express a number of times preferring them to their rivals.

The welcome we received on entry was very satisfactory and we offered a choice of seats as it was quiet at the time.

Surroundings were pleasant and staff attentive.

We both ordered medium pizza's with a soft drink, pizzas arrived piping hot and was tasty.

As usual Pizza Express continue to deliver what says on the tin.!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the first time I have left a negative review on anything but given the meal we have just experienced I felt compelled to do so!
The Romana' pizza's we had were described as extra thin and extra crispy. What arrived was, as best described, a crepe. I can honestly say that I have never had a pizza quite like it! We didn't moan or complain but quietly mentioned it to the waiter when we paid the bill.They kindly offered not to charge us for one of them which was not the object of us mentioning it to them but none the less gratefully received. However on leaving we were then given a 'fond farewell' from the chefs!!!
Do not spend you're money good money here, they are a disgrace and don't deserve to be in business. There are plenty of pizza restaurants out there, please choose another.

1  Thank Simon E
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

As usual this chain rates high for consistency and innovation
However with one of their voucher offers it cost me 9% more than expected and the manager wasn't going to budge on the disappointment I showed at this lack of clarity!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A Pizza Express is a Pizza Express. They're pretty much all the same. I guess this is good in terms of the consistency of the food. It is always at a good level. But it's hard to compare one against another. This is just another Pizza Express. You know what you're getting. Enjoy